Cooling Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Adam, 3 Feb 2002.

1. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Is it worth me watercooling my system? How much roughly does it cost to do? I have a tbird 1.2 with a very loud CPU fan which really pisses me off sometimes, would it be much quieter with watercooling? One more thing, does everything fit in the case or is there parts outside too? Cheers. Adam.

2. weazel666

weazel666 What's a Dremel?

i myself are after quiet more than performce and seeing how much extra i can overclock stuff.. watercooling does give you a larger advantage when overclocking as it can give lower and more stable tempratures

it depends on what you want it for really .. if your soley after have piece and quite .. then your not really after overclocking your system much, if at all. ... then you may have to get waterblocks for this and that .. and it could become pricy .. unless you made the waterblocks yourself .... but for a budget system that covers just you cpu block i recon you could build a system for £50 or less .. probably less .. i'm sure people will arge about that?

went to a scrap yard today
    read this thread on radiators ... so you can work out what you recons cheapest route to take

it's also easyly possible to fit all the components inside the case .. but it all depends on the case really?

Last edited: 4 Feb 2002
  3. Wyzzord

Wyzzord What's a Dremel?

Weazel is right, building it yourself is the most cost effective way to watercool your system!! Who knows, mabey you will get to likeing it so much, that you can't waight to build another block for your vid card or chipset!! LIKE ME!!!! A junk yard will be your best bet for a rad though and it should be pretty cheep too! As for fitting it ALL into your case...it's not hard, just takes alot of planning and dry fitting!! One thing that I have seen people do and What I have done on a couple of systems, is to build a container under your case that is the same size as the bottom and attatch it to the case. Great way to drag it arround to LAN parties and stuff if you don't have the actuale room in your case!
    Even if you do not plan on ocing the system....it is a great way to reduce the noise!!

Tags: