1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this bundle any good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flashcurd, 17 Oct 2005.

1. flashcurd

flashcurd What's a Dremel?

Hi,

It's been a long time since i've needed to have a look at hardware and consequently i'm not up to speed on whats good and what isnt anymore.

I'm thinking of buying this bundle for a friend (scroll to the bottom)

http://www.scan.co.uk/mixit/

and would like some comments about how good it is or some suggestions as to what i should buy instead.

The critical components are Mobo (inc onboard VGA), CPU, RAM and the price limit is £180 ish.

Thanks very much

F

2. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

You ain't gonna get any better than that in a pre-built system for that sorta money... and as long as it's only going to be used for (e.g.) 'surfing the net'... it'll be fine ;)

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at receiving a system like that for nowt :D

Assuming you are giving it to him/her as a 'present' of course?

3. Boswell

Boswell Minimodder

it looks oookkk but if you want to buy a bundle computer i think the best buys are direct from dell.co.uk

4. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

my mate on my course at uni just got a dell for £503, that had a 17" tft, gig of ram, 80gb hdd, onboard vga (cringe), erm, and its a dell so its reliable but u cant upgrade it that easily