1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other It works

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr Mario, 4 Nov 2009.

1. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

A couple of days ago I was enjoying a nice mug of green tea (well ok, I wasn't really enjoying it, but was drinking it never the less), and what should happen but I spill a bit on my hand, and out of reflex I hit the mug towards my tower....

Luckly the side has mesh and glass, so most of it just slashed off, but quite a bit went on top were I have my top ports + on/reset buttons, and one fan intake leading directly to my cpu.

What followed was a ninja dive to the mains off switch followed by some super quick towel action. No tea reached the fan intake, but lots had started to seep in through the ports. I opened it up and as quickly as I could started drying it, a bit of tea got on my graphics card, the top ports were soaked as well as the the plug sockets on both my hd and cd-drive, after drying it I left it a couple of days, and finally dared to turn it on, and it seems to all be working ok, still need to test the top usb ports, but both on and reset work, and my hd is fine, my graphics card seems to be ok, will test it with some cod4 in a bit.

Anyone else been stupid enough to do this?

2. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

you should try a pint glass full of apple tango spilled across a brand new microsoft curve 3000 and an iiyama visionmaster pro 454+

terribly stupid moment!

3. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

PC we have out in our bar gets that all the time.
    should see how dirty/muddy the inside is :p

ah well is only a P3 1.2 :thumb:

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

My Eee PC probably has some nutritional value at this point :p

5. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

My powerbook g4 probably is more alive than I am...

6. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I reckon the worst liquid you could spill would be lucozade, its such a sticky liquid to clean up I hate to think what kind of mess it would make of the inside of a pc.