1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster it's all about the pentiums.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Pflumingo, 18 Jan 2003.

1. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Ok... So I have this processor that I wanted to use for an MP3 box... Can you find anything wrong with it?

:hehe:
    [​IMG]

maybe if I turn it around

[​IMG]

If I got a little closer maybe.

[​IMG]

Here, I think I see the problem... It's trace #328923934889

[​IMG]

I guess I'll have to get out my soldering iron.

2. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

Good one

:D

3. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

LOLOLOL:D :lol: How did ya manage to do that?

4. Pflumingo

Well, It wouldn't fit well in my socket A motherboard, so I got out the hammer... It fit, but still seemed loose, so I tried to drill through it, but it was a bit tough...Oh Well... I guess I can't bolt it to the mobo... I'll have to get a new chip I guess... Soldering it was tough, and I think there might be more than one trace damaged.

5. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

If you actually NEED a working socket 7 chip you might be able to have a Cyrix 110 I have lying around... mail me for details :)

6. Pflumingo

No... Just a little joke there. I have a couple working ones, This one met disaster at the hands of a ball-peen hammer on the Vise at work. I just wanted to make a friggin keychain out of it.

Anyways, I have enough p3 mobo's and proc's to choke a mule, I am in the progress of an MP3box that boots off CD only, and shoutast streams my live broadcast in the house... I am trying to make a windows machine without a hard-drive... Howabout that!... I have 1.5GB of Ram I will use as a ramdisk, and probably run stripped down win2k... Works well enough. Maybe more details not in the Disaster area.

7. Doctor

Doctor What's a Dremel?

Next time get someone to drill it with a diamond whatever drillbit? heh, thats what my dad suggested when I asked him about drilling holes in CPUs awhile back.

8. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

Saw a thing on using a CF card as a HDD... find a 512 card and put a really small install of w98 or suntin(they used linux ona 32 card)