1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its snowing here.

Discussion in 'General' started by micb, 28 Jan 2004.

1. micb

micb Minimodder

In Shefford Bedfordshire, it is snowing outside, I am tempted to stay up and walk down my road with that lovely chunch sound underfoot.

I am also tempted to take the RWD Volvo 340 out and have some fun but it is late and I am sure people in my road won't appreciate the sound of high RPM drifting at 1 am in the morning. :)

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I think its snowing everywhere m8.
    Already had a bit of fun in the car tonight when I couldnt get up a hill, trying to get home (wheel spin in 3rd and 4th).
    Had to find another route home, great fun though :D

3. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

I can't believe it has to be even said....

Pics?

4. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

snowing here in Baltimore, MD, USA too.

Tonight is our 3rd storm in 5 days...I haven't had school since Friday and tomorrow is definately going to be cancelled. Thursday, however, we're looking at sunny skys and above freezing temps..However, Friday brings yet ANOTHER storm with snow, sleet and freezing rain.

5. micb

micb Minimodder

It very rarely snows in Befordshire/Hertfordshire.

I am going out to take some night snow pics.

Pics to follow.

6. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

It's snowing here in Michigan, USA here too, school was canceled today, and it's canceled tomorrow too... we've gotten about a foot so far, and we're supposed to get another foot tonight :eek:

7. berger

berger What's a Dremel?

Its not here, damn north west damn lancashire never snows grumble rant. :waah:

8. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

It's snow'n here in Jersey...Ice also. :miffed:

9. micb

micb Minimodder

Well I snapped a few early snow pics:

Flakes falling.
    [​IMG]

Cool effect using my powerfull home made LED torch.
    [​IMG]

Close up of effect.
    [​IMG]

10. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

snowed herebut not enough to have any fun in the car with

11. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

heh.. yup we got snow here in Omaha, Nebraska as well.. about a foot or so. I'm not really sure how much, but with all the wind lately we have some pretty deep snow drifts. Makes for a lot of fun blowing through the drifts with my 4X4... weeeeeeee :rock: :rock:

12. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

You call THAT snow!? Pff.. :D

We've had a storm for the past 2 days and it's dumped a few feet of snow. I'm tired of shoveling it, I'm tired of driving in it, I want it to go away - now.

13. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

Good, send it here :D

We have had freezing rain. And tiny hail balls. :grr: Though the college has cancelled classes from monday till tomorow, I still wish it never would have iced over...

14. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Yeah, got about three or so feet over here too. Big storm just blew over the Great Lakes area. Snow day today, college was cancelled, which is good, I wouldn't have been able to get out of my driveway. ;) That and it gave me a chance to finish my lab reports. :D

I'll be glad when it's gone though.

15. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

If I could, I'd send you every flake here. I am SO tired of snow it's not even funny. Seems like every week we're having either a snow storm or it's so cold that my nose hairs freeze when I go outside.

16. Dogg

Dogg What's a Dremel?

yeah --- i am also tired of this stupid snow. Stupid Western New York weather. :brrr:

17. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

I wish that it would snow like that here.. I love the winter and snow and cold.... errr. well maybe not really cold.. Just cold enough to keep the snow around :D

One question.. If you hate the snow and cold weather soooo much, why do you stay in NY when it gets like that practically every winter?? huh? huh? why?

18. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

i guess i shouldn't but i must.
    [​IMG]

19. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

We must live pretty close by... The same things happened here. I haven't had a full week of school for the past three weeks. The last two weeks had Thursday canceled. Now Tuesday and Wednesday are canceled.

20. 5am

5am What's a Dremel?

Snowed here in Northern Virginia again tonight coating the already iced up streets. Doesn't seem like much, but the icy roads are a big, big problem in this area as most folks don't have experience driving on snow and ice covered roads. Hundreds of accidents and some fatalities today. Something like 25 or more deaths related to the recent snows on the East Coast already and the number of deaths is climbing. All drivers should be sent to Canada for mandatory three-week winter driving survival course!

Anyway, here's a little piece of the world out my apartment window. That's a metro station entrance you're looking at with a futuristic wing-shaped glass cover that went up a few months ago. No doubt it was expensive as hell, but doesn't protect anybody from the elements really.

[​IMG]