1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards ITX server board - which?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xMathiasD, 17 Jan 2013.

1. xMathiasD

xMathiasD What's a Dremel?

Hey guys!

I'm going to build a small mini ITX server, thought about the HP micro server, but i would like features like USB 3 and mabye some more ram (not sure about that)

Well.. i would like to buy a mini ITX board with USB3 and maybe dual NIC - i would be happy if it had a good processor in it.. so i don't have to buy that.. max budget 200 $

What would you recommend?

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I would go with the Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI or if you fancy overclocking, there's the Z77 equivalent, the GA-Z77N-WIFI. Both have the features you wanted so dual NIC (plus Wireless N & Bluetooth 4.0), USB 3.0 (2 ports on rear plus a front panel header for 2 more) and they'll take anything from a Celeron to a quad-core with hyperthreading i7.

I'm not sure what your preferred retailer is but they're both below £90 on Scan, leaving a good bit left for a CPU of your choice. I couldn't find any motherboards with built in CPUs with the features you wanted.

Hope this helps! :)

3. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Or, ASUS C60M1-I with non upgradeable C60 APU which is otherwise similar feature set but lower cost. Should still be plenty performance for basic server. It dosen't have dual nic however it does have more sata ports and you could always get pci-e nic card if you really need it. A quick look showed some of your local etailer with stock between 450-600DKK.