News Japan to launch 1.2Gb/s satellite broadband

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Feb 2008.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I can't even get a 768kbps where I live and I only live a mile outside of town

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

were I am at I have to use clearwire which is better then dial up but what makes me mad is two streets to the right of me is frontier DSL and three streets to the left of me is ATT DSL and neither of them want to come into my street as they dont want to step on each others toes >_< I am so pissed about that...

Last edited: 27 Feb 2008
  3. The_Beast

WOW that really sucks

only a few hundred feet from fast Internet

AOL sent us a letter saying 768kbps was in our area, when I went to check it it wasn't even close

4. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

>.< Dang them i just got sucked in to gettin satilite i had dial up for since. well for ever. and i dsl. and cable refuse to come where i live. (even tho i am pretty far from town) but still thats good that we're making prograss in things other then wired conections.

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well I know here in the states they with the analog signal being dropped that they want to use some of the spectrum to provide nation wide "highspeed" internet, not sure how fast it really would be but it would be better then dial up speeds and that would also mean that the 56% of Americans that cant get high speed will be able to get some form of it, but it will probably be 2-5 years before we see that happen.

6. The_Beast

since it's the government more like 5-7 years

Tags: Add Tags