1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joint Task Force

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 22 Sep 2006.

1. Garside

Garside New Member

2. PA!N

PA!N New Member

I think I'll give this one a try...it sounds pretty cool :)

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Have you upgraded the RAM in the XPS?
    Looks like a good game. Shame I don't have the hardware to run anything new.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't see how you can say WWII is overused from an RTS perspective, I havn't seen a decent WWII RTS is a very long time.

Still this game looks pretty cool, might check it out.

5. lcdguy

lcdguy New Member

i think it's interesting that they would make a game supposedly set in the year 2008 about a Joint task Force where as now Canada has a Joint Task Force (JTF2) for those that care. i just though i would point that out. otherwise it looks like an awesome game.

6. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

propaganda, ice some middle eastern folk, fab, open your eyes

7. zoot2boot

zoot2boot New Member

OmFG.

from the article...
    one of your soldiers asks you why you're stopping the Serbs killing Muslim civilians when it is the Muslim fanatics causing so many problems? It really brings the morality of war into the gamers mind and gives you a glimmer of understanding about how confusing war really is.

how is that confusing?? this makes me really uneasy. infact it turns my stomache. explain to me why is this game not racist/religiously intolerant? it sounds distinctly messed up from the review.

ditto the post above.

8. Aankhen

Aankhen New Member

What's with the Bruce Springsteen screenshot on the front page? :eyebrow:

Been waiting for this game for a long time. :D Between Paraworld, Company of Heroes, Warhammer: Mark of Chaos and this... oh, what am I saying? Stupid studies. :(

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

The game is a reflection of the society that created it. If you don't think that a LOT of Americans feel exactly that way, then come spend some time here. That attitude that "They're not like me so they have no right to live" is depressingly common in this country. If anything, this game is exposing the racism and religious intolerance of the so many people.

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

*waits for topic to become an America bash fest*

11. zoot2boot

zoot2boot New Member

no one's doing that.. but when you see racism you gotta call it out. only way to tell people it's not acceptable.

12. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

I've died and woken up in some bad dream run by the media, people are getting shot and blown up for real on the news, then you can play the game. Is this some product tie in endorsment for CNN? Kinda like, you've seen the movie, now play the game! :confused:

13. Garside

Garside New Member

I think the idea the game is trying to put across is that when soldiers are fighting an ongoing war against religious extremism they then find it difficult to sympathise with the more moderate religious people. So in this case when you are tasked with defending Muslim civilians one of the soldiers asks why you are defending those that embody the group you are fighting.

It's a very basic point of view, which is unfortunately how many people think. Thankfully, the game corrects the point of view with the Officer character explaining why it is necessary to protect all innocent civilians regardless of race, religion or class.

Either way it's interesting to see a game attempt to show these kinds of issues, movies and music have been doing it for years so why not games?

14. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

Only an extremely small portion of people relate muslims to islamic fascists. They do not represent an appreciable percentage of western civilzation. Less than 1%.

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Uh, right, sure. I'm pointed not going to call you a lair, but I do wonder if you're living in the same country I am. Out here on the left coast a lot of people can't tell a Sikh from an Arab and think anybody with dark skin must be a terrorist. :sigh:

16. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk New Member

man, what a flaming mess. way to be ignorant.

playing the demo, man are the troops dumb. they have friendly AI issues. these are supposed to be the world's finest? the guys in Red Alert are smarter, jeeze.

Tags: Add Tags