1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Junk Food etc

Discussion in 'General' started by Major, 27 Sep 2008.

1. Major

Major Guest

So, over the past 8-9 months I've had a pretty decent diet i.e. removed white carbs (pasta etc), removed junk food etc, and the only times I've eaten bad have been when I was on the plane, and of course, my birthday. So today I had no energy at all, and I just needed a boost basically, so I thought I'd make a cake, bingo, great source of energy. Anyway to cut the story short, I really do not enjoy that kind of food anymore, I only had a little piece, and it's just boring, doesn't really taste that great to me anymore, it's just one thing that when you think of it sounds awesome, but when you try it, it's just not exciting anymore.

Same goes for things like noodles, pizza, burgers, it's all shite to me now, and it really does make me quite ill inside i.e. I feel like total crap.

Anyone else have this?

2. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

hmm...not really, I have tried to lay off bad food but I do enjoy burgers, noodles and Cake is ok, I use to enjoy it more but its just a nice desert now.

I have totally gone off brown chocolate however and rarely eat chocolate.

I started that by saying to myself - I will give up chocolate just to prove I could and when you get your mentality like that you find that not only can you give it up but also begin to like it less and less until you dont enjoy eating it at all!

Maybe thats whats happened to you?

:)

3. Major

Major Guest

Well I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just treating my body the best I can (which everyone should), and fitness is playing a big role in my life at the moment. ;)

4. koola

koola Minimodder

The best way to treat your body is to eat a little of everything, but not too much.

The moral is eat in moderation.

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

when i was in dorms and eating all my meals at the school cafeteria i would constantly crave grease, like potato chips, hamburgers, etc. which was odd, because the cafeteria food was really greasy. now that i'm cooking for myself i find i have absolutely no craving for fast food, i'd much rather eat what's in my fridge.

if you're ever looking for a quick energy fix like that, i recommend a big glass of chocolate milk, or a milkshake. i make milkshakes with 5-8 frozen strawberries, 2 spoonfuls of good vanilla yogourt, and then fill the blender up to the 600mL line with milk. so incredibly tasty, not too much fat, and a quick infusion of carbs. the key is to use high-quality yogourt with a strong vanilla flavor

6. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

I do try and stay away from fast food, certainly meaty things which are downright suspect. I eat lots of fruit as I impulse buy it then feel guilty about not eating it so that kind of works well. But generally what ever is in the fridge / cupboards makes a good meal.
    However I'm starting at Bristol Uni tomorrow so who knows what my diet's gonna be like:D

7. Major

Major Guest

Oh yeah Milkshakes are pretty amazing for an energy boost, why didn't I think of that... :)

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I've made a effort to not eat at McDonalds, and I lasted about a year until the summer. Since the summer, I've had it maybe twice. Tastes soo good, but after I feel horrible and get a stomach ache... Last two week's I've been trying to stay away from junk food, and late night snacking to lose some pounds without having to really exercise (yes I know that is just as important) and I did lose like 3 - 4 pounds in a week doing nothing at all besides drinking water, eating breakfast, (yogurt and a granola bar) lunch is 2 water bottles and a granola bar, than dinner and more water. When I get hungry, I drink water, and it seems to be working slowly.

9. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

Profqwerty, which halls are you in? I was in Queens road last year.

Moriquendi

10. gar

gar Minimodder

Unfortunately no! I've been eating well since January and have lost aboout 40 pounds and I still love junk, but I don't feel it's really worth it after I eat it.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I don't eat fast food, like McDonalds Burger King or whatever - It tastes like re-fried **** IMO.

I don't eat 'sweet' food that often, because I can never be bothered to actually buy it. I just eat bad food (ready meals), and don't have a really well balanced diet.

12. Major

Major Guest

Funny timing really, I had a food binge the other week, ate what I wanted for 5 days, although everything was decent food, I was eating a few cakes per day, I was eating chips, white pasta, potatoes, and I have never felt so **** in all my life.

Thing that was most obvious was being bloated, I felt so fat, my belly was bloated like a football. Anyway a week and a half later I feel pretty damn good, I'm not bloated etc. I've stopped losing my weight now and I'm now on a clean bulk, I do have good genetics for gaining muscle as I seem to gain it easier than others (and I kept the muscle throughout my 9 - 10 month weight loss, which is impressive in itself).

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

These days even i try to stay away from eating too much junk. Not because i need to loose weight, or want to pack muscle (no matter what i do, my BMI is ALWAYS way low). Mainly because i find that eating well (and the right stuff) makes me have more energy, perform better (in the office and at paintball, before anyone gets any ideas), and due to that, i am more creative.
    That means i eat WHAT my body tells me to, WHEN it tells me to. Having grown up in a country where meat is 80% of any meal (and yes, pork, fish and chicken pretty much count as veggies around here - when we talk meat, we talk red meat), i continuously find it amazing what kind of an energy boost one can get out of, say, a good light salad.
    Mind, that's not saying that i DON'T eat junk food - i do when i don't have time to make something (i.e. i am working late, have a crisis at the office that needs attention), but rather that i try to avoid that sh** wherever i can, simply because it's a rubbish source of anything.

14. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

I've got a KFC directly opposite where I work, it's always a temptation. Boxed-Up Zinger Tower™ Meal for lunch today ;)

It's usually only a once-a-week thing for me but some people in my office eat there every day (and you can probably guess that by looking at them!).

Does anyone else ever find themselves at a fast food place with a really fat person in the queue in front you and think maybe you shouldn't be eating here if you're that size. They should make the doors to fast food places really narrow, like a foot to a foot-and-a-half wide so really fat people can't get in there!

Only problem with this idea is that you'll end up with fatties hanging around outside Macdonalds asking you to get them a Big Mac™ like you do with kids outside of an off-licence...

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

What makes me laugh is my local gym. It's somewhat isolated from the main city - But next to it are some offices, the 2-3 story things, very 'modern' looking kind. Acceptable, the land was probably cheap. A Hotel, also acceptable, as it is pretty much right on the A38/A5. And a ****ing McDonalds.

What's really entertaining when walking down the stairs from the gym, is watching someone leave, get in their car, drive the 20 yards to the McDonalds, go through the drive through, and then park in the McDonalds car park to eat what looks like a family sized 'meal'. Yes, I have stood there and watched people do it. I find it so astounding that I can't help but watch. It's like the friend of a friend. He goes to a gym quite often, but more often than not eats between two and three cheese burgers a day. Apparently his plan is 'to bulk up the top half so no one notices he's fat'. I've spent hours scratching my head at that sentiment..

What's even funnier (to me, anyway) is the gym itself sells food - Healthier (And unquestionably nicer) food than McDonalds.

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

No, considering pasta, pizza, oven chips, etc. are basically all I eat.

17. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

I eat fast food rarely and tend to feel bad/bloated/tired after.
    however i'd rather kill my self or anyone who forced me to never eat pizza again. you've been warned :grr:.

18. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

I dont despise fast food because I love them all and sometimes do go reguarly but I find if I go to say McDonalds several times a month I will stop enjoying it as much as I did and it just starts to get boring so I leave it for a few months and then start having it again.
    I rarely have lunch at college though and if i do its usually some kind of pasty from greggs. I also dont always have breakfast because I find it hard to eat in the morning I will drink though. Finally I have a huge dinner at the end of the day :)

19. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

The last few weeks, I've found I can not eat late at night anymore... I think it's a good thing, because when I do I have a horrible stomach ache in the morning, and I just feel really crappy... Keeps me out of junk food when I'm hungry, and instead I'll get some milk or water instead.

20. Major

Major Guest

BTW, a raw egg just before bed is amazing. :D

They don't taste how you think they would.

Tags: