1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Just bagged a bargain

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 3 Sep 2011.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Just picked up a Dell 2007FP for £25 :) It's a A02, so an early one, so a high chance it has a S-IPS panel in it too. Nice secondary screen for beer money :)

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

How did you manage that dude?

3. Pookeyhead

Ebay.. no reserve cheesecake! :thumb:

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Dude, that's awesome, Been after one of these for donkeys, but never had the spare £80+ needed. Good find Pook, Good find:thumb:

Sam

5. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

pimonserry likes this.
  6. Pookeyhead

errr.. thank you LOL

The guy has yet to respond to my ebay message, so there's a chance he may try to welch on this as it went for so little.. so not out of the woods yet.

7. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Congrats on the win :)

Sometimes sellers do welch on it when it sells for a low amount, and it's a right PITA. My wife uses eBay a fair amount and some sellers (who want to back out) go through everything as normal - accept payment, reply to messages as normal, flag the item as dispatched etc etc... but then the item never shows up. Couple of weeks later, they claim it must have been lost in the post (when it obviously was simply never sent in the first place). About 1/3 of the morons who do this end up relisting it on eBay, too! (On the plus side, this is naturally something eBay come down hard on when you report it).

Hopefully the seller makes good though and you receive it with no problems.

8. Uxon

Uxon Minimodder

Happened to me at least 5 times in the last few years. :wallbash:

9. Pookeyhead

He just got back to me with a phone number. I'll keep you posted.

10. Pookeyhead

The guy was on the level. The monitor is literally as new. It's a A03 with a S-PVA panel.

[​IMG]

A close up to give an idea of condition. It's like this everywhere... not a mark on it.

[​IMG]

As none of my set up has any silver on it, a quick mask off, and once over with some black vinyl dye and it's now all black. As I did with my old NEC secondary screen, I sprayed lightly from a distance to give a light crackle finish.

[​IMG]

The finished item

[​IMG]

Can't fit it on the wall mount yet though, as the VESA screws are recessed and the plate on my wall bracket is a huge multi standard one, so I need longer screws. Grrrr.. Oh well. I'll sort that out tomorrow.

Total cost: £28 :) It came with a stand of course, which I don't need, and a soundbar, which I also do not need.

11. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Wow. You found an honest dealer. Nicely done.

12. Pookeyhead

Yeah the guy was great. Invited me on for coffee. Had a chat for an hour or so. It was in Bury, which is only an hour or so away. It was a nice day, so I went in the Mustang as well. All in all, pretty good day. Just a pity I don't have any M3x15mm screws :(

13. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Wow, looks mint post-paint.

Nice find.

14. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Nice bargain.

I spent £25 trying to win a teddy at Alton Towers on the game where you had to get a basket ball in one hoop. I kept hitting the edge and was so confident i would get it in my next go :( (Such a fool)

I hope this makes you feel even better.. :).

15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

You know, if you sold the soundbar for £10-15 on ebay then you would, in essence, have got the screen for even less.

16. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Sweet buy, especially for an auction - I'd have expected a screen like that to get more/higher bids!

Surely if you went in the Mustang, the total cost inc. fuel would be nearer £280? :D :D :D

17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Does the guy have any other stuff he's selling? Always good to find a decent seller on ebay.

18. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Not sure if I can post links to an eBay auction, but for peeps in the UK there is a Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP for around the £20 mark, ending in 4 hours with no reserve.

Missus would kill me if I bought another computer related item though, as I am apparently too "frivolous" with money! :lol:

19. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Great work on getting yourself a bargain, even more so getting a seller who actually accepted the sale at that price. The monitor looks to be in excellent condition from the pictures as well.

You planning on getting two more and having a triple screen display?

20. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Cheers for the heads up on the Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP. I'm watching it as it seems great value despite me having no room on my desk for a second monitor. The wife would shout very loudly at me but hey ho!