1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JWC(Jipa's wooden case) SketcUps -PICS-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jipa, 2 Apr 2004.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I just put all stolen-from-atx-case-parts to case and here's some pics.

[​IMG]

First of all i had to modify that motherboard-thing a bit. There was some parts that just didn't fit to case and i hacked 'em away. Now it fits nicely to case.

[​IMG]

Parts in case 1 ^

[​IMG]
    And second pic from same thing (I'm sorry again those pics are on their side, but i'm in hurry just now. I'm going to Sauna ;)

As i said parts fitted to case nicely, but there was one problem. The first HDD-place was unable to use 'cause of that wood on picture.

[​IMG]

So i did this. It really is fugly, but i'll do something to it. I made holes for screwdriver. Now i can use all hdd-places.

[​IMG]

I allso made alu-plate for PSU. PSU'll be mounted to it and it mounted to case. The point in this is A) Now PSU is much more easier to change and B) I can allso easily change PSU-type from ATX to uATX. Just by changing that plate.

[​IMG]

And that's ofcourse why i needed to play with that paper in "teaser".

[​IMG]

That's all today. Tomorrow is new day and i'll try to make updates tomorrow too!

EDIT: I turned all photos and now those're all ok. Atleast should be... ;)

Last edited: 3 Apr 2004
  2. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

Aika hieno! :thumb: Onnea matkaan, toivottavasti tulee hieno kotelo. :rock:
    Kiva kyl kun suomea edustetaan näin hienoilla koteloilla sitten :D

Pretty nice :thumb: Good luck, hopefully it'll be a very fine case :rock:

3. Jipa

Thatnks to korhojoa 'bout opinion.

And to all rest. As u can see, no updates today :( Today i just thinked a bit where should i put hdd. Should i put it down there, between air intake and back or should i just put em to hdd-rack normally. OR Should i put it to air-intake-system? There it'd warm incoming air and maybe it'd cause more noise in there... Neverknow... I allso thinked about aircondition. PSU maybe doesn't move air much enought. It ofcourse depends on system and PSU. I'll maybe put some old HW to this case, cause my better system is in KME's fulltower now and this is silent. Uhh. This gets too difficult :(

4. Jipa

Still no update. I should go to store and buy few things but i really have no money :D I get my new 160Gt hdd and there'll go all my moneys :p well not all, but i should buy something else, but just moddingstuff.

I hope i'll get some little update out today or maybe tomorrow. I should do driver-places now and i'm thinking where a hell is my saw :D

Anyway project isn't dead. I just have some problems. And oh. I allso decided my next project. First sketcUps are allready done. It'll be somekid of HTPC.

5. Jipa

I've now decided whatkind of stealthingpanels and switch-plate will i do. Those'll
    be brushed aluminum :eeek:

[​IMG]

Alu-plate'll be 3mm and plexi more than 3mm thick.

And lights on. (There wont be UV-led in final case)

[​IMG]

In These pics there's only <1mm aluminum, but as i said. 3mm in final "product".

How does it sound?

6. diablito

diablito What's a Dremel?

looks nice :thumb:

7. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

ohhoh, hienoa! käytä vaan tota uv-lediä tos kotelos, vois näyttää aika hienolta kuitenkin puu/uv-liila :D

EDIT: Didn't spot you, diabolito! Welcome to the forums!

8. Jipa

Ajattelin kyllä itse vihreää...

I thaught to put a green one to there... Those'd be much cheaper and "kirkkaampia" those'd have more candels ;)

9. Jipa

[​IMG]

That is how doors'll open. That green thing is Mobo. And oh. It'll be on it's side and it'll move with door 8)

[​IMG]

At bottom there'll be space for legs and maybe lights'n stuff :)

How does it sound? Sides'll be "vaneria". **** i don't know 'bout half of words i should :D

10. Jipa

I worked 1,5h today and i get left wall on it's place
    :thumb:

Next week i'll put another and then i'll just do some litle things and then i'll get it home and you'll get pics :)

11. Xeno

Xeno What's a Dremel?

I like the wood, nice work so far. :thumb:

~Xeno~