1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Keeping the Computer Quiet

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Blast, 27 Oct 2003.

1. Blast

Blast What's a Dremel?

I have some total n00b questions about keeping my computer quiet. I am about to buy an Lian-Li PC-60. I want to keep this computer as quiet as possible. I was wondering:

1) Is it hard to set up a water cooling system. I built my computer and I have general knowledge but I do not know very much. If you think that I would be able to do this, what cooling set up should I buy. Also, are there any risks to this.

2) If I can't watercool my case, I was wondering what fans I could buy that would keep my computer cool while maintaining a low decibel level.

3) As far as the heat sink, I know that it is best to buy a heatsink with a copper disk and aluminum fins. I was thinking Spire's Quietude II. Is this good? Any other suggestions. Thank you.

EDIT

4) What would be a good quiet PSU?

2. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Well there are actually tons of ways to keep your computer quiet. Rubber fan washers, rubber washers, sound dampening, etc.

Watercooling isnt too hard to setup at all. It usually comes with instructions on how to do everything. :D

As for fans and air cooling; you want Panaflos for low decibals. Panaflos to my knowledge are the quietest fan you can buy. They put out a decent amount of airflow. Vantec Stealths would also be a good choice because they are quiet and put out a good deal of air.

Zalman makes awesome PSU's that are extremely quiet. I recommend one of those. :thumb:

For heatsink im not sure, never heard of that one. There are tons. I personally like the SLK900.

3. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Watercooling's a tight fit in a pc60 (if you want to actually hold a decent computer in there as well) but it's possible, as my case will testify :D