1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Keyboard chatter? Fix

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kronos, 8 Apr 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Posted this in the Mechanical Keyboard thread but have not had much of a response so hopefully if I take it to a wider audience someone maybe able to suggest something.

Original thread.
    I bought a second hand Corsair K70 RGB and before I return it is wonder if it is possible to cure what I believe is called 'key chatter' When I press certain keys and it seems quite a lot of them it doubles the letters and sometimes trebles the letters I see on screen.

It is a known issue and wonder why the guy did not RMA the keyboard but there you go. He refunded my money and told me to keep the KB which if I fix then I have promised to repay him.
    So far I have emailed Corsair to see if there is any help forthcoming from them more hope than expectation though.

Is there a fix?

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

Seems to be a known issue...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=157671

???

It's a plate mount keyboard, so to get at the innards of the switch it needs to be de-soldered and popped out - at which point you may as well just put a whole new switch in as swap/tweak the internals (with PCB mount the switch can be opened and internals swapped/tweaked without de-soldering)

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I will wait what Corsair has to say before looking at your solution, cheers.