1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Keyboard doesn't work if mouse is plugged in aswell on start up

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Smellyhead, 5 Jul 2013.

1. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Hey,

A small issue I'm having with my keyboard and mouse. My keyboard is a Razer Tarantula and my mouse is a Steel Series Sensei RAW.

Now I recently the purchased the Sensei RAW to replace my dead mouse and after a few days of working fine my keyboard suddenly decides it no longer wants to work if my mouse is plugged in aswell on start up. The LEDs on the keyboard just flash on and off and none of the keys work, sometimes if will work up until I log in and other times it just breaks straight away.

The only work around I found is to unplug all my usb stuff (keyboard, mouse, wireless adapter) and then connect them one by one once I'm sure the keyboard is working but this usually takes atleast 5 attempts, as each time the keyboard goes inactive I have to restart my PC.

Anyone able to give advice on the issue? Or do I need a new keyboard/motherboard?

Thanks.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I sometimes had this problem, but with the mouse deciding it wasn't there.
    Try reinstalling your keyboard drivers/software, i think some keyboard and mouse drivers like to setup there own HID stuff and this causes problems for the previous setup.

3. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

could this be a power issue on the 5v line somewhere?

4. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Are you by chance using a USB hub? That could be an issue if it's unpowered.

I'm assuming all these devices are wired? I ask because I've had issues with my wireless mouse receiver if it is plugged into a port close to a USB wireless aircard.

5. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

No hub and all wired.

I have my keyboard and mouse plugged into the USB 2 ports on the motherboard and the wireless adapter is plugged into the usb at the front of the case.

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I'm running a Razer BlackWidow keyboard with my wireless mouse receiver plugged into the keyboard's USB port. It's a little quirky in one respect: I've noticed that midway through the startup process, after bios/post and before login prompt, the keyboard lights turn off and the mouse is unresponsive, but once I get the login screen all is well.

Try uninstalling Synapse, reboot, then reinstalling Synapse software for the Razer. I'm thinking that the Synapse software/drivers are amiss.