1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Keyboard Mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by corvette, 16 Oct 2011.

1. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

Im looking to do a keyboard mod.

The reason for this is i have installed an LCD TV and Speakers out in the deck area of my house near a SPA.

i want to be able to controll volume and play pause feature of say Windows Media Player classic.

i have water proof buttons already installed with wireing into the area where the computer is inside, i thought the easiet way might be just to tap into the Arrow Up / Down and Space Bar buttons, when i pulled my old PS2 keyboard apart i cant actually solder onto the layer under the keyboard.

does anybody no an easy why i can do this without to much hassel.

cheers

Nathan

2. Device Unknown

Device Unknown What's a Dremel?

Well bud if you're just using Media center, get a remote control for it. But if you just have to have a keyboard they are a few completely sealed units that would work in damp environments.
    take a look at http://www.sealshield.com/
    that should fix ya up.

mvagusta likes this.
  3. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

Ok, im not useing media centre as it will cause performance issues as the PC isnt the fastest.

2nd the reason why im asking about the keyboard mod is the buttons are already installed in the spa itself, and i wanted to use exsisting hardware and not have to buy anything else unless i have to.

i cant just use a keyboard as the computer that runs the LCD and Speakers etc is like 10 - 15 metres away from the spa.

So i was going to wire the existing buttons into the keyboard thats already at the PC, pulling that keyboard apart ive come to realise that it isnt possible.

so is there anything i can do, i dont want to use a Remote because, well drunk people + SPA + Remote = dead remote.

the PC is to far away to use a keyboard.

so is there anything else that i can use

Nathan

4. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

You can get wireless waterproof silicone keyboards on fleabay from HK for very few quids mate, possible an easy route to take whilst you figure out a better way? And not miss the impending summer spa weather!