1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of volume with Soundblaster card...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jay*, 29 Nov 2001.

1. Jay*

Jay* What's a Dremel?

Ok, now this is just weird, i havent used my Creative Soundblaster 128pci for a while , so i decided to get the latest drivers of the creative site, after downloading them and installing them, i found that using either speakers or headphones it is nearly impossible to hear anything! Windows sound mixer shows levels and peaks fine, but there is little output to the speakers,i have tryed also a lineout to Hi-Fi but still ,background hiss is just about louder than the music ! :( :(

does anybody have any ideas on how i could possibly fix this?!

wtf is going on ?! :(

thanks for any ideas or comments :p

Jay

2. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

Have you checked that your Wave volume is at a reasonable level. Otherwise, check all other levels, and that the mute box isn't ticked.

3. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Had a similar problem with my Sb Live!

try this.......

Go to system information (Start -> Programs -> Accessories->System Tools -> System Information)

Then go to Tools -> DirectX diagnostic tools, then sound, then choose test direct sound. The tests should be audible and you wil be able to hear sound (hopefully). This worked for me when there were no foreseeable problems, drivers installed properly etc, outputs showing, just nothing u could hear!

4. Jay*

Jay* What's a Dremel?

the notes section shows....

The file CTPCI9X.VXD is uncertified, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs. You may be able to get a certified driver from the manufacturer of the hardware device.
    DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (unknown error)

looks like one of these critters is screwed.... i couldnt hear the sound btw....

weird (thanks for info btw :D)

5. Will

Maybe get the latest drivers from Creatives site? and then try the directsound thingy again

:)

6. Jay*

Jay* What's a Dremel?

yeah , ill try and download the drivers again..
    thanx :D !

7. Will

Ooops Jay just re-read your first post! Seems you already tried the latets drivers.....doh!
    AFAIK VXDs are files which windows makes that contain information about a device driver....so it does appear to be a driver issue

8. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Welcome to the fourms!

I also have a issue with my SBLive! card but its the complete opposite... it too damn loud I have the volume on my Amp at the bottom and in windows but its still way to loud :confused:

It also stated doing this when I installed winXP...

9. Jay*

Jay* What's a Dremel?

Damm, i got the new drivers and its still playing up ! , i really have no idea on this one ! :(

thanks for the welcome btw ! :D
    ill do some research on this i think,i ll get back to u if it is resolved and what by or not.
    LOL

Thanks

10. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

have u tried installin the origanal drivers mabe the drivers ur downloading are rong and its stuffin ur registry up

11. Jay*

Jay* What's a Dremel?

sound card probs

yeah sounds like a reasonable idea :D ,
    ill give it a go!,i will have a mash around with drivers and registry etc in a bit......:D

thanks again :D

Jay