1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other LAN Mine Gaming Center

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wafflesomd, 6 Jun 2009.

1. books

books What's a Dremel?

Well Liverpool is the Capital of Culture and they have... oh... wait, nevermind.

2. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

We have something similar in Gloucester, the user pays for the number of hours they wish to play and they are given a ticket with a temp log in (which is valid for a week). You can then log in and theres a timer in the tool tray to tell you how long is left and once the time is up it logs you off. If you leave early the remaining time is saved to the log in and you can use it anytime within the next week. 90% of the games they have run from a "CafeSteam" account. They run overnight LAN events which work out pretty well.

As already mentioned, comfortable chairs with adjustable height is crucial, as well as food and drink vending machines :p

3. Naturalfirefly

Naturalfirefly What's a Dremel?

Checkin up

Hi Guys/Gals

I'm another such as yourselves, I've been gaming going on 15 years now, love it, cant get enough, at the moment I'm an accountant (boring) really want to open my own gaming centre in a lil county called Pembrokeshire in wales in the Uk.

Just checking in to see how you did really? this is going on 1 year now since u said u starting :) any ideas on Licences, did anything pop up and catch ya out?

That's if this board is even still used.

Firefly! :rock:

4. kennylovesyou

kennylovesyou What's a Dremel?

I thought that i might mention that you should look into using Smartlaunch, i own a gaming centre and it will be worth the investment in the long run to get a proper management system.

What you have to consider is that people do not respect anything that doesn't belong to themselves :p

I wouldn't recommend that you hand out disks, instead use scripts to mount isos hosted on a local server.

If you have any questions, just pm me mate :)

oh and good luck!

edit: my bad! i didn't realise that this post was bumped from last year!

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Smartlaunch is ok.

In our experience Smartlaunch is unbelievably easy to hack into and modify, so we'll be looking for at a different solution.