1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lancool gets new, more aggressive cases

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 9 Mar 2009.

1. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

It's facepalm time!

All the hideous case designs coming out recently make me wonder if we've entered the "Year of the Fugly Dragon" or something...

3. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

*Another one bites the dust*

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

While the design isn't that bad I still prefer the blank canvases Li-Li normally builds. Although they started screwing things up as well, recently...

5. TomH

TomH And like that... he was gone.

To be fair to Lian-Li, if they can sell that NAS/ITX box (with the ITX board) at a reasonable price it'll best the Supermicro model I was looking at, easily.

Just out of interest... What's the desktop/HTPC case under the NAS case, or is it nothing new?

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I like the NAS box..

7. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

So is it a mini-itx case or not? If it takes full sized ATX mobos then surely it's an ATX case (OK a small one). If it's a mini-itx case then surely it won't take anything larger!

8. walle

walle Well-Known Member

That Lancool case looks like an improved version of the Antec Three Hundred, judging by the pictures it looks better (design wise anyway).

9. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I read the article as meaning the case would accept ATX sized PSUs, which it appears to do.
    Single PCI slot in the right position and not enough space on the other side of the I/O for much. It's ITX small.

john

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I think technically Jenny's right. If it accepts anything bigger than Mini-ITX it's not a Mini-ITX case.
    I'd still say it's small enough to be advertised as one because that's the market it'll compete in.

11. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

Why don't all those case makers look ahead and make some room for water cooling. I just love the bottom part of the Silverstone IT7, you can fit anything in there. one 360rad, one 240rad, pumps etc, Just a little suffering coling in the upper compartment and the two 80mm fans in the back, it also costs a fortune... Someone make a case with in the lower part room for WC, upper part like recent midtower cases with a nice sidewindow. And there presto, instant succes!

12. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

??........... I like the width of the cases. Thats it, their ugly and bland, hard to pull off both. What an achievement.

13. Slyr7.62

Slyr7.62 «ŚŁÂŶÈŘ»

Well, I'd take LL's mid-tower over the Antec 900/902/1200, depending on the price. :p

Still has plastic on the front and top......*face palm*.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's a mini-ITX case that takes "ATX" PSUs - as in standard size and mount. Although I think it might be limited to mATX in half depth - I'll have to check when we get one in.

The HTPC cases underneath are nothing new afaik - they are already available.

Obi - TJ07 costs a LOT to tool.

15. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 New Member

While they are ugly, its not as bad as the other recent offerings. And the internals seem nicly layed out although:

-Its nice that somone has finaly realised an 8'th pci slot would be usefull, they have not put a blanking plate there...
    -Why dont they just fully cut a hole behind the cpu so its usefull (like CM)?

I sometimes get the idea that case and motherboard makers dont actualy use PC's. Some of the flaws and nice touches are so easy and obvious...

16. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

@Bindi
    Do you think the mini-ITX case will make it to the colonies?
    I have a couple previous build owners that like the looks of this case.

john

17. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Member

i also like the NAS box :)

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Depends what your current distribution is like?

19. tonschk

tonschk New Member

Overall the case is OK , but the toolless design for the PCI slots is silly , to be honest for me is really not a problem to turn a screw every two years to install a new video card , therefore I think the silly PCI toolless design is a nonsense and useless

Last edited: 29 May 2009
  20. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Tags: Add Tags