1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Laptop Power Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andrewbarke, 25 Apr 2012.

1. andrewbarke

andrewbarke What's a Dremel?

Morning All,

Seems im having an issue with my Aspire laptop, was all working fine and dandy last night, but powered up this morning, again all appeared fine, but after 10 mins, it switched off and came back on again, thats odd i thought, then again after 20 mins, then after 15, then 5, all seamingly ramdom times which the only common task running was antivirus, have updated the program and databases, between all the restarts, but is now saying i dont have any antivirus, will be looking at a complete reinstall this afternoon, or is there something else that could be tried!

2. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

3. andrewbarke

it actually switches of instantly, then powers on again from the beginning (POST, Windows Error (because of shut down) then comes on again).

will disable the automatic restart and check for a BSOD.

cheers!!

4. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Is the laptop getting hot at all?

5. andrewbarke

have tried balancing all four corners on the edges of some books to get a good supply of air underneath, but to no avail!

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I had a laptop randomly power down for no reason many years ago. It was diagnosed as a faulty motherboard. I suggest sending it back!

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

But surely not before unscrewing the back cover and blasting out any accrued dust/crap off the CPU fan with an air duster? :thumb:

Is the CPU fan spinning up? Download and install CoreTemp and see how hot things are getting.

Check HDD health maybe?

8. andrewbarke

cheers for the replys, just ran prime95 for about an hour no problem, so far seem to have narrowed it down to an issue with my anti virus, since just tried to scan a single file, and "bang" restarted, so uninstalling kespersky and downloading MSE to give that a try!