1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Laptop router connection to a xbox 360 via a cat cable 'bridge' problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maniac618, 17 Feb 2006.

1. Maniac618

Maniac618 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

My mate has some problems setting up a bridge connection between his laptops internet connection and his xbox 360 so he can play on x box live without the official 360 router which costs 60 quid.

I successfully managed it by just linking my pc and 360 up and bridging the 'local area' and 'wireless' connections together.

Everything worked fine and I had a race online with PGR 3.

My mate then tried with the SAME ROUTER and he could connect to x box live but when he tried to play he would be dropped from every 'lounge' before play even though he could see for a split second the names of the other players.

The one difference we noticed and we don't know how to change is....

My bridge was set to 54mbps and his is stuck on 24mbps. Any way to change this?

We are n00bs so lots of explanation or step by steps would be really wonderful if you have the time.

Thanks in advance for any attempted help.

:wallbash:

2. Maniac618

Maniac618 What's a Dremel?

he's now managed a race in PGR3, but soon after he'd race and all other drivers would drop out but appear on the finishing results....

Also his wireless connection to our router keeps going mad.

He can't use the 'repair' fucntion as it doesn't renew the IP.

:wallbash:

Tags: