1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Hope 4 PC

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by keith_j_snyder2, 24 Jun 2006.

1. keith_j_snyder2

keith_j_snyder2 What's a Dremel?

hello everyone,
    I bought my Pc in Aug 05 & the config is
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ winchester.
    MSI RS 480 ATi xpress 200 Mother Board
    Kingston 1X512 Mb 400Mhz RAM
    Gainward 6800 gs 256 Mb
    Cooler Master 430 Watt PSU
    Segate Barracuda 7200 rpm 80 Gigs SATA HDD

Now the actual problem is that from the day one whenever i play any game on my Pc after few minutes,the game freezes & the system gets restared. :waah: I asked every known person that if they cn solve my problem.Everyone give their ideas but nothing seems to be working.For this i 've changes # graphics card
    XFX 6200 Tc>Powercolor X 800 XL>Gainward 6800 GS.Some one said that maybe I need to change the PSU it was a local 400 Watts PSU so i changed to Cooler MAster 430 Watts PSU.Someone said that may be i need to change the HDD so i sold that one & bought the same type SEGATE 80 gigs barracuda.I of the friend said that change the RAm so i borrowed Corsair 1X1 Gigs 400 MHz RAM.But nothing seems to be working.Now Someone is saying that i need to change the processor or the MB.Actually at the time of purchase everyone suggested that i should go for INTEL based system.But 1 of the frnd. said 4 AMD.Honestly i m also in the favor of AMD.
    Now i don't have money to buy any other testing technique. :sigh:

PLEASE friends u r my last hope. Help me out to solve this problem :idea: .I'll be truely thankful to U. :clap:

Last edited: 4 Mar 2007
  2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Right, step 1 MUST be done FIRST. We can't give you any help untill you do the following:

Right click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> "Startup and recovery" Settings -> UNselect "Automatically restart"

Now where you currently reboot, you'll get a Blue screen, can you either take a photo or get as much information off it as you can, specifically error message and hex values.

3. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Is the graphics card overheating? Some pasively cooled carsd overheat if not in an airflow path. Try directing a fan at it or run with the side off to test. Thats what happened with my card.

4. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Yeah, that restarting thing that happens when you start playing a game suggest it's a heat issue. What sort of cooling do you have?

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Either that or I'd suggest it's your Xpress 200 chipset.

Are you using the latest drivers from the ATI site for it? Does the MSI use the ULI 1537 or the ATI SB450 southbridge? (check the manual). If it's the ULI you will need drivers for that as well.

You NEED to be running SP2 for XP as well.

I think you've been talking to the wrong people tbh cause they dont know WTF they're on about. Well, the first guy did telling you to change the 6200TC, but apart from that a 400W should be fine, as would the harddisk have nothing to do with it or an X800.

So: Check your temperatures, check your mobo chipset and drivers, check your service pack for XP.

6. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

So... You bought your computer in August... It never worked, so instead of trying to find help online, or RMAing any parts, you have been throwing money at it for 10 months! WOW! :D

Have you tried a complete reinstall of XP, and all the drivers for your hardware. I was having problems like this, but a reinstall (seems to have) fixed them.

7. keith_j_snyder2

keith_j_snyder2 What's a Dremel?

First of all thank u very much to listening to me.

1.I did that automatic restart option turn off & when the game freezes after few moments the screen turned black & nothing happens then for 5 minutes.OH i forgot to tell u when my PC gets restarted it give s the error of THE SYSTEM HAS RECOVERED FROM A SERIOUS ERROR & the error report says

BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 820C1DA8 BCP2 : 821C6DA8 BCP3 : F8A91CB4
    BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\APOCAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9b6a.dir00\Mini060806-03.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\APOCAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9b6a.dir00\sysdata.xml

C:\DOCUME~1\APOCAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER973e.dir00\Mini060806-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\APOCAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER973e.dir00\sysdata.xml

C:\DOCUME~1\APOCAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9f05.dir00\Mini060706-06.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\APOCAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9f05.dir00\sysdata.xml

& so on...

2.About overheating,i don't think thats gonna be a problem coz one side of my cabinet is open & it is 3 feets away from the air conditioner.The AC throws direct air into the cabinet.The sensor on my cabinet shows the temp. is 16-20 degree C,its variable.

3.I m using Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005 & every time i format my pc the first thing that i install is motherboard CD that comes with it & each & every thing on it(CD) & i m using nvidia's 84.21 forceware drivers.

And guys i wanna ask u one more thing that is there a chance that an ATI supported MB (like mine) isn't compatible with nVidia GPU?

8. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

That is a memory dump. Its not necesserily an issue with your motherboard and GPU, but I would try using newer drivers, and updating the ones for your motherboard especially.

9. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

Try this:

1) Install Windows
    2) Install the motherboard drivers (I believe this should do.
    3) Run Windows Update and install critical updates. Repeat.
    4) Install the Video Card Drivers, from here.
    5) Install any other drivers (sound cards, network card, etc.)
    6) Run Windows Update again and download all the other updates. Repeat.

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i saw win media there! bah!!! get hold of a copy of xp pro and install only the drivers and the game that it crashes out of and test. suggest you beg or steal a copy of xp pro!!

also use the stock drivers that came with the release of your mobo and GPU absolute stock, the first releases's. alot of GPU drivers have built in commands for other hardware and the old commands for ur card may have not been touched.

do all this before you install other drivers for other devices such as broadband modem and printers. it may be a fault with thous drivers conflicting with other drivers. has happened to me before.

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

oh and windows update is a load of over rated c***! service pack 2 is not needed only 1 is. alot of windows updates just fill the windows register with C***! i can turn off 80% of it and my machine gains a 1000 in 3Dmark05!!

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Service pack 2 IS needed with that ATI chipset.

13. DougEdey

Windows update is not a load of over rated c***, it does provide essential updates when you first install a system.

I defy anyone to prove that auto update damages their machine

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

didn't relizes the xpress 200 chippy need SP2 my bad, but i do stay admint on the win updates, maybe some of the updates are needed for the net, but even then they bug the hell out of you! every time iv installed SP2 on all 3 of my rigs, app's havn't worked, overclocking goes tits up, and the famous blue screen of death starts, never had blue screening with SP1 ever!!

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I get the exact reverse. SP2 works great, all my apps work and I cant remember the last time Ive had a blue screen. You install SP2 straight after OS install, or integrate it into an OS install and it works fine.

The Xpress 200 works a hell of a lot better with SP2 installed, you can use it without but iirc someone from a mobo manuf. said they highly recommend using one with the other.

Doug: 3 Letters: W G A.

16. DougEdey

I'm sorry, I have legal windows software here and no problems.

And that can be unselected before installing.

17. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Be careful who you listen to on these forums as they are by nature open forums and you may not be getting the best advice ;) Trust Bindi he does actually know his stuff!

First off do what DougEdey said and switch off automatic rebooting as this should result in a diagnostic BSOD that can be used to narrow down the cause of the problem.

However as Bindi and a few others have suggested, and before you take extreme action like replacing hardware or reinstalling windows, make sure you have Windows service pack 2 and ensure that all your drivers are up to date. You can check you service pack version by going to Start -> Accessories -> System Information and on the first page it loads it should tell you the build number and service pack version of Windows. I'd also suggest checking for firmware updates for your motherboard just on the off chance that an incompatibility between parts has been resolved in later versions.

Typically overheating is signified by signal quality issues and a system freeze rather than a controlled reboot initiated by Windows. Remember hardware errors are rare, but software errors are two a penny so always rule out any software errors before tackling hardware. If it is a hardware error it can be difficult to track down, it could be your graphics card, but then it could be your CPU, your memory, your motherboard, your hard disks, your PSU, your soundcard, your SATA/IDE cables or a myriad of other components inside your system.

If you can get us those diagnostic codes on the BSOD that results when you load a game it would help us in diagnosing the fault.

18. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

"i saw win media there! bah!!! get hold of a copy of xp pro and install only the drivers and the game that it crashes out of and test. suggest you beg or steal a copy of xp pro!!"

First thing, Media Center is XP Professional, but with media addons.
    Secondly, telling someone to steal software is probabily against the forum rules.
    Thirdly, can you stop talking like you use MySpace 24/7?

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i own a corporate version of windows xp pro which i paid money for! things i have said about windows what have happened with my friend and i who all run a local LAN event. and i have posted a ligitment test for him to follow. so where is the problem. and if you say i type words as if i am from myspace a site i have nevre been on, i will send you too the moon and give your machine a BSOD! lol!

20. DougEdey

@Keith: Any update on your pc?

OTT
    You were probably ripped off then, did your CD key begin with FCKGW?