1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Visited Time & New Posts

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by MadGinga, 23 Feb 2015.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Over the last week (or two, not quite sure when it started), I have been having issues where I will visit, use the New Posts link, and read some posts. Then I'll close the window/tab and come back anything from 5 minutes to multiple hours later, and either it'll remember what I've read, and show the New Posts accordingly, whilst at other times it'll revert to whatever time it has decided my last visited time is...

For instance, today, I first visited ~8am, popping back in occasionally all day to this point (reading a few posts as they appear via the New Posts, each time displaying correctly from my last visit). For most of the day my "last visited time" is 11:45, and now its reverted back to showing me everything since that time...

a) why isn't my Last visited time updating?
    b) why does this only sometimes impact the "New Posts"?

Hope that makes sense!

Suggestions? Is it just me?

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I haven't looked into it but I guess I've been having the same/a similar problem as sometimes I'll click on new posts and it will show lots I've already seen.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's always been quite flaky for me. One thing we have asked the owners to look into next time the servers are updated is the "mark forums read" option (in the quick links drop-down), which is currently broken.

When that link used to work, it would essentially reset your new posts screen upon request, but it's been broken ever since the site was migrated form the Dennis servers.