1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Latest Set Of Windows Updates- Anyone Else Had This Problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by KidMod-Southpaw, 15 May 2012.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Hi everyone,

As you know, there has been a very recent windows update set with 102- 106 updates in total. Twice now, I've had to wait for these to download, and then restart. But when I do, it gets to the login screen and says "configuring windows updates, do not power off or unplug your machine". It stays like this for about 3 minutes and then says "failure to configure new updates, reverting changes". This has happened twice now- both times I've tried installing the updates.
    Has anyone else had the same problem, and how can it be solved?

Cheers.

2. techhead

techhead Minimodder

Have you tryed the windows update troubleshooter

have alook at your update history and see if any other updates have failed to install

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Update
    This checks checks to see whether your network adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.

3. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

was fine for me. you tryed /\

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

have you tried to do it manually by going to the website and downloading the update packages? This way you also won't have to keep downloading them via windows update.

5. enterobsidian

enterobsidian Hopless World Wonderer

The latest set of updates seem to be causing some issues, I had a friends system start going funny on me on the 8th, problem sorted with a system restore after loading up in Safe Mode to make sure it wasn't hardware related.

It seems the last two set of updates are causing problem on some machines. After rolling back and reinstalling them, everything seems to work fine...

Hope you get it sorted
    Enterobsidian