1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

le project : mp3 somethin or other...

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Shepps, 6 Jan 2003.

1. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

It all started off as a p233 system, ugly case and sloooow components.It was a ftp server, but was too noisey to b left on 24/7 really.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now its gonna be an mp3 player. Basically so that when im playin cs, my pc is not on / in bed etc i'll just press a button and it will start bangin out tunes :D . Havn't really decided on software etc, but windows is most likely.

A couple of hours later and..

[​IMG]

I had stripped it down completly. What im thinkin of doing is removing the top part (its only riveted on) and cramming the whole pc into the bottom bit. Prolly not gonna have a cd-rom unless i can get my hands of a cheapy one, and its gonna need a mini psu prolly. I'll see wot happens.

One quick trip into the garage and look wot we have now :p

[​IMG]

Gonna see wot i can / cant fit in there in a min. Mite have to borrow a jigsaw to cut the top bit off though..

Ne thoughts / comments so far?

edit: cheers modders.net for their image uploading facility too, sites look nice as well :lol:

2. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

<chants>LINUX LINUX</CHANTS>

Seems pretty cool, you gonna give it a monitor or slap a VFD/LCD in it?

3. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

havn't really decided, mite b a moniter cus it wud ages to scroll through mp3s on a 2x20 lcd / vfd lol (if thats even possible?). Dont really want to spend too much money on this really, so a mini tft (6/7") is kina outa the question. mite try the palmamp thingie, basically winamp for a palmtop, and it can control the pc n stuff. Now if that cud b linked with ir....hmmmmmmmmm

Im still thinkin windows, becus ermm....errrr its easier :rolleyes:

4. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

It's possible OK but you may need to write some custom scripts/software for it.

I will start developing plugins once I get my very own LCD!

:D

5. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

christ, very very old case, I got one in my loft hehe. Wasnt it escom or someone like that who produced them?

Those units were like £1500 with P166MMX etc.......

Spray it a nice dark silverish colour and then put a couple of coasts of lacquer on it, will look quite nice then.