1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Learning the Basics

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Maedhroz, 20 Feb 2002.

1. Maedhroz

Maedhroz What's a Dremel?

I've been working on some case mods for quite a while (pics will be up soon), but I've really gotten interested in the electronics side of modding. Unfortunately, I don't know the slightest bit about it. That physics class I took as a junior in high school six years ago didn't stick. Can anyone could point me in the right direction so that I could learn the basics? :confused:

2. Phrozenpenguin

Phrozenpenguin What's a Dremel?

Well....you touch the end of the soldering iron thats not hot....;) No seriously, sorry i couldn't resist that, look around on the web a bit. There are some good guys her at Bit, check out the electronics articles. What are you interested in - general electronics, lcds, baybuses or what? If you give us some ideas we can help you - electronics is a bit vague:) There are LOADS of guides around on the web for LCDS/Baybuses etc....although the Bit ones are the best :)

Cheers
    Charlie - BTW, welcome to the boards:D

3. Maedhroz

Maedhroz What's a Dremel?

I know its vague, but thats the problem. I could follow a guide like macroman's or cliff's and build something. I could solder this and buy this part or whatever with instructions. I'm pretty handy. But I wouldn't really know what I was doing, i would be just following instructions. I would like to know the details so that I could get creative if I wanted. so that i would know what was wrong or why something didn't work. I don't know anything about ohms or resistors or anything. I just need a starting point.

4. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

consider gettin a basic electronics book. possibly a used textbook , they tend to have more pictures.