News Left 4 Dead 2 pre-orders unlock exclusive weapon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. bbshammo

bbshammo What's a Dremel?

Let's not get too worried eh?

If there's one thing Valve have proven time and time again, it's their ability to balance and polish to bar-raising standards.

All that matters is if the concept' sound, and as far as I'm concerned, that's a no-brainer; making melee weapons more prominent in the despatching of the horde? Great stuff!!

Just hear this Valve... THERE BETTER BE THE OPPORTUNITY FOR A WHOLE TEAM TO PWN THE TANK WITH FRYING PANS!!

Leaving out such an opportunity would be scandalous imo.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Pre-ordering a Steam game? That's uh, interresting. Does Steam tend to run out of stock often? :p

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Opportunity? They've probably already got a 'panned' achievement in place...

5. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

pre-ordering on Steam means you can download the game files in advance so on release day you just start playing immediately, rather than having to download and install everything on the release day before you can start playing...

6. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

It seems a bit pointless to pre-order a game just for a baseball skin, and I'm not sure if this will bring in many more people pre-ordering the game, I'll only pre-order if there is a substantial price drop.

How on Earth could you get a tank with ANY melee weapon? As soon as you get close to it it'd destroy you... although it's worth a try :)

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Just watch me! *grabs akimbo cricket bats*

Furymouse and Gunsmith like this.
  8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Oh you mean pre-load.

Yeah, never used that either. I got broadband.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

words cannot describe how AWESOME that would be

10. Nature

Nature Minimodder

valve and blizzard seem to be slippin'

they should merge effectively taking out EA and discarding dependency on distributors like activision. Create a steam empire fused with the good of battle net, add video chat, go international competitive in markets here in china, india, korea, and other untapped markets... legitamize where piracy reigns and fix your prices pragmatically to your consumers so that you ensure capital and hooking their fan base young for future endevours whilst giving money to impoverished, un-irrogated lands in africa and constructing science and technology schools in places where they can produce talent. Taking their students ideas and start reaching into other markets... soon to create an empire then start a war in a neutral third world puppet country where all sides are tugging on each end to gain favors from weapons development organizations taking the technological theories and ideas used in starcraft ...

chesese

11. impar

impar Minimodder

12. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

man oh man, If I pre-order this I hope I can get a HALO called 'Boycotters Lament' and it allows me to . . ..mmm. . .uhhh. . . . .mmm

just look cool I guess

13. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

14. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I am not too excited about this. I don't like competitive online games to give special unlocks to people if they have met certain criteria. The exception of course is counterstrike with it's money system, but that's only on a per-round basis, and just adds a bit of strategic depth in that you can't always get the best weapons. I liked how if you got the special C&C3 kane edition your units had different skins, but here again like in tf2 where people get different weapons depending on how often they play or whatever, we are seeing new ways to split players up. I would rather everyone was on a level playing field, where all weapons were available to all.

Then again, seeing how melee weapons seem to be largely ineffective, is it just a case of Valve making a lot of noise about nothing? Trying to big up L4D2 with 'exclusive' content that shouldn't really be exclusive, but making it exclusive means they can advertise it as such.

I preferred TF2 where if you pre-ordered you got to play like 3-4 days before release. :)

15. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

That would be INSANE - Fingers crossed they add it to the game!!!

16. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

Cricket bat?

Personally I would prefer one of those sticks that Morris Dancers use, a costume with bells on the ankles, and a big shout of 'Oi' every time I dispatch an onlooking undead. That, I would pay for.

17. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It is possible to melee the tank down, but it apparently requires sacrificing a player. One goes down, the tank focuses on them, the others pound it from behind.

18. bbshammo

bbshammo What's a Dremel?

Well, not so sure that a sacrifice is necessary, but very confident and skilled players a must.

I mean you can bunny hop around the tank when he swings for you and avoid getting hit, if you time it well, so presumably, as long as you had a good team with skilled players, they could manage it.

Anyway, if they build it in, it will be done ;)

19. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Are ya' listenin'? Ok, grass grows, birds fly, sun shines. And brotha'- I hurt people
    BOINK!

20. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Pretty sure you can pre-load anyway...

Tags: Add Tags