1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Left4Dead 2 Preorder on Steam

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bogie170, 3 Oct 2009.

1. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Anyone one seen Left4Dead 2 Preorder on Steam? Its £26.99 and you get a basball bat to use in game but only if the other people in the game have also pre-ordered it. :wallbash:

I thought weapons are droppable so who says that others can't have the baseball bat too? :confused:

You also get early access to the demo? Dont get me but wrong you get early access to the demo to see if you like it but you have already bought it?! Wtf is Valve doing?! :duh:

2. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I could have sworn that only one person on the server needed to have the baseball bat for everyone else to have it too; for that game.

EDIT:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/09/08/left-4-dead-2-pre-orders-unlock-exclusive-w/1

3. Motoko

Motoko What's a Dremel?

Just pre ordered it:thumb:

4. ChriX

ChriX ^

I was tempted but, I'm quite dissappointed that they went with number 2 so soon. The first should have been supported with more add-on content IMO. Development time way too short for another £26, it's like one of EAs yearly releases! I'll wait to try the demo.

5. Motoko

Motoko What's a Dremel?

I wouldnt of ordered it if i had the first one, i played it round my friends house and thought if im going to buy it i might as well start with the newest.

6. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

20 percent and it'd almost be impulse. a baseball bat isn't gonna convince me Mr Newell.

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

I'll probably be getting it for a tenner, so no I won't be preordering it.

8. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

the original l4d annoyed me by being a weekend deal on steam for around £13 surprisingly soon after its release, so i think ill be waiting for a weekend deal on l4d 2 this time around :)

9. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I doubt there will be one for a good time after its release. The reason L4D was on the offer was because of the pre-release for L4D2 coming very shortly after; they wanted to get people buying the first so they would want the second.

EDIT: Also, already pre-ordered it; well a friend ordered the 4 pack. Can't wait :D

10. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

not the recent offer, they had it as their weekend deal about 2-3 months after l4d's release before l4d 2 was even announced

11. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Oh, I apologise, as far as I knew the recent offer was the only time they had brought the price down this far, I must have missed it.

12. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Nope, I can't say I'll be pre-ordering it. Unfortunately, the $ to € conversion has upped the price of all the games on steam (and I wouldn't even be complaining that much if Croatia USED euro :wallbash:). I'm gonna wait till they do a weekend deal (and some mates pick it up... hate playing randomers...)

13. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I said I would be boycotting the sequel because it came too soon after the first.

But on top of that, I haven't played L4D for months anyway; while I absolutely loved it for the first 6-9 months, I got tired of it when *every* game was the same. There is only so much room for innovation, and after 6 months, everybody knew the most effective gameplay techniques, and if you didn't follow your opponents cupboard-camping and other kill-joy tricks, you lost. I realised v2 has tried to partially address this, but this is yet another argument why L4D2 is merely a service pack or add-on for L4D1.

I also found that it would be late in the evening before I could string together the necessary 2 hrs to play the game - so I've gone back to TF2 where I can play from 10mins to 3hrs, I can stop to go for a slash/get a drink/put the kids back to bed/answer the phone/listen to the wife going on about shoes

I thought I might get v2 in the new year once the price as dropped, but I'm not sure... I fear players will have already memorized all the new must-do techniques by then.

14. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

I pre-ordered, simply because I've got the money now, it's seven quid less than the exchange rate made the price of the first game last year and there's a high likelihood I won't have the funds five weeks before Xmas - and I'm not trusting the Xmas post where even without strikes, people I knew were waiting ten days for their "first class" copy.

Also if it's really getting released on Children in Need night it's not like there will be anything good on telly to see, giving me time to play and enjoy it properly straight away. I buy one game at Xmas, it's L4D again this year, it's hardly like your 15th FIFA title, so I won't miss the boycotters one bit.

[EDIT] For the record though, I wonder how many new titles Valve could create with the $25million they plan to piss away- sorry, spend (don't know the strikethrough text code on this board) on advertising this sequel, ten million bucks was bad enough last year. That's what I object to, I just bet the TF2 virals didn't amount to half the amount spent pimping either L4D game and all nine of them were short, snappy, funny and memorable - and the game still sold stackloads.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2009
  15. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Apprently I have a pre order!! :D

I got home last ngiht, signed into steam to find that my friend had VERY kindly purchased the 4pack of L4D2 and gifted it to myself and couple of other mats as early xmas gift! :jawdrop:
    So I most certainly look forward to some L4D2 bashing asap :D

FYI
    [​IMG]

Tags: