1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Left4Dead Interview: Chet Faliszek

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Apr 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Apr 2008
  2. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

Zombies that run make me cry. Honestly. However, i might just pick up this game for the sheer slaughter point...

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

This is my tip for PC Game of the year, and i've been following it very closely. Is it still late summer release date or has it been pushed back to winter?

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I quite fancy playing as a zombie, did any one play the zombie master mod for HL2. It's good fun being the director of the slaughter but some times you want to be the instrument.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I think they still have a Q3 release in mind. I always wanted to play Zombie Master, but could never get it working for some reason.

And the game is utterly awesome, possibly knocking Fallout 3 off my most wanted list. I had a go after the interview, me and a few other journos just screaming orders and information at each other as we pegged it through warehouses. The AI director works really beautifully and the only thing that was off was my inability to gauge the blast radius of a molotov cocktail - which some teammates unfortunately found out about firsthand.

6. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

This game sounds fantastic, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm guessing it'll be the only game valve releases this year, I wonder what the pricepoint will be...

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

This will rock!

Apart from the fact my traditional co-op buddy will have got this, completed it three times and played it totally to death before it even goes on general sale. Damn you journalists and your access to pre-releases.

8. CardJoe

Pfft. Sod that. I played one level ten times at the event and, trust me, because of the way the AI director it really doesn't seem to get old.

9. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Sounds pretty awesome, is the co-op done via. peer 2 peer or does it rely on some form of server?

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Can't wait, this is gonna be an awesome game :D

11. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

soooooooo looking forward to this

12. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Anyone play zombiemod on cs? It seems fairly similar in concept which is a good thing. One thing that caught my interest was playing as a zomibe, anyone know more about that than what was posted?

13. CardJoe

Nothing on show in that regard - but apparently when you die you come back as a zombie if you want, or you can elect to play as a zombie from the off. Any type except the Witch.

The Witch is a kind of trap zombie, which is why you can't play as her. She sits there not doing anything, but if you disturb her in any way (and shes ussually positioned so you will) then she'll attack viciously. She seems stronger, faster and tougher than other zombies and can quickly take a survivor down a peg or two.

14. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

"the four-player co-operative FPS with a zombie survival theme" damm the game of my dreams :O

15. Dr-Rogg

Dr-Rogg Two-wheeled terror of Tokyo

16. quack

quack Minimodder

So cannot wait for this game... been playing the Zombie mod for CS:S recently and that's pretty fun - L4D just looks so much better!

17. chanceg

chanceg What's a Dremel?

You can't as one of the normal mob zombies, but there can be up to 4 people playing as boss infected. 2 hunters, a smoker, and a boomer can be used. Sometimes, the infected players can choose to spawn as the Tank, but it's not a common occurrence. Boss infected get certain bonuses like being able to climb special walls, jump from building to building, and seeing survivors through walls if they're being noisy and have their flashlights turned on. I also really wouldn't try to compare this game to some CS zombie mod....

18. chanceg

chanceg What's a Dremel?

wow... **edit: You can't PLAY as one of the normal zombies

19. chanceg

chanceg What's a Dremel?

20. quack

quack Minimodder

Ever heard of an edit button? Sheesh.

Tags: Add Tags