News LegalTorrents relaunches

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

The idea and initiative is great but without letting in all the open and free software I'm not seeing who would use it.
    And they need to get some content on there. The present amount is laughable. They could at least spend a couple of days getting some start up content on there.

And no search?!

All in all it pretty much looks like it's one man with a little spare time and some basic html skills...

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

They forgot the search?

...n00bs

4. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

There is a ton of free software out there. They could easily get a good amount of content just from creating torrents for what is already out there. Might not be the best way to do it, but 44 files? That is pretty low. They need a way to submit content requests.

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well it is a beta maybe search isnt added yet and with the ability to create your own torrents does that mean a lot of their time will be wasted to see if the torrent is legal? and also is this USA legal or world wide legal? Like I know right now sadly that Japan is trying to pass a law to prevent the downloading of un-lic. anime from being downloaded outside of Japan which I hope doesnt happen or else my ISP will have something to bitch about >_<

6. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Great idea, poor initial implementation from the sound of it. Then again, it is a beta.

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I think that answers the question of P2P's association with piracy... :eyebrow:

Tags: Add Tags