1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Leica NOCTILUX-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Vers, 15 Sep 2008.

1. Vers

Vers ...

Yes, that's right...f/.95. Ahhhh....I can see the dreamy bokeh now--if only I could hold still enough to focus on my subject. Can't wait to see some samples.

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Awesome!!! :D

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

*cough*

I love how there's no DOF range at all at f/0.95

4. Vers

Vers ...

As long as there is no competition within its range they can charge what ever they so choose--Besides I'm not too sure how long the price will stay at that level, can't imagine it being a hot seller among the general public ;)

5. IXON

IXON What's a Dremel?

Leica are for those toffee nosed rich snobs, doctors & lawyers ect that wouldn't be seen dead with a run of the Mill Nikon or Canon ie to common.

Ive actually used a Lecia M8 & to be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about with them Picture quality is no better than anything else on the market costing thousands less.

Can just see it now young Jasper Billingham the 3rd running to mummy gosh mummy Leica have just announced a F0.95 lens ,can i have mummy please please, it be proper spiffing on my new Leica M8.2 i got for my 35th birthday.

6. Firehed

Yeah, but that old Canon f/0.95... I'm pretty sure I saw someone selling one on FM for at least an order of magnitude less. Of course there's not really a comparison between the two other than strictly the aperture, but even still...

Honestly, I question the utility of the lens in the first place. Low-light performance is getting FAR better with each new body we see. The bokeh I'm sure would be great, but the DOF would be so thin that it would be practically unusable.

7. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

is that a giant chip i see on your shoulder? :lol:
    its wrong too, doctors and lawyers are normally pretty middle class :nono: and only kings and queens get numbers :)

8. Firehed

Maybe it's different over there, but lawyers at least are probably in the top five as far as highest paid professionals (with stupidly paid sports stars at #1, and C-level execs at #2). Doctors generally do quite well too.

9. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

10. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

To be fair, eddie, they are quite nice old watches. My M2 is a beautiful thing, just like my M42 Pentax. As much as I love my Nikons, old camera are like old cars. They just feel good.

11. OleJ

OleJ Me!

12. akpoly

akpoly What's a Dremel?

Heard Leica digital bodies were made by panasonic? :confused:

Not quite the German manufacturing process there... The lenses on the other hand...

13. eddie_dane

No doubt, I completely agree. And it's not like I'm ever going to put one through it's paces like in a desert war setting but considering the price, it's just not worth it to me anymore. I do like the old classic ones. I have just resigned to owning a cheap non-functioning one for a deskweight.

I have some old 35's too, like an old nikkormat and my first camera, a used/bruised Canon FT and I love them both but I don't go out shooting with them anymore.

14. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I can guarantee you that the M series is made by Leica in Germany.

15. eddie_dane

I'm pretty sure the M8 and the R's are still made by Leica and that Panasonic makes all of their compact cameras like the d-lux and v-lux. Panasonic models have "leica" lenses on them but they aren't made by leica only designed by endorsed by leica. I could be wrong though, it's hard to tell who still makes what now.

16. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Haha. Don't rely on any company doing any testing on any product they sell. Don't even take their word for it. Do your own testing! Days before you go shoot that concert/wedding/catwalk show. Test your equipment exactly as you'd use it in the field. As for the M8 hate I have no idea why anybody would take one into a warzone or even get one in the first place. How long has it taken Canon and Nikon to get dSLRs where they are now? How mnay models and revisions and feedback from pros all over the world. Any other film Leica is a sure bet, not the digitals, they've got a long road to travel before they are where they should be.

Tags: