1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation 4 Lending a PS4 game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cerberus90, 26 Feb 2019.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

My sisters boyrfriend wants to know if he can borrow my copy of Horizon Zero Dawn. Is it locked/activated on my PS account, and if he puts it on his, will I lose it from mine?

I know I wouldn't be able to play it while he's got the disc, just don't want to make my it a pain in the backside for me if I want to play it again in the future.

Don't know why he can't buy his own copy, apparently £20 is too expensive but he's fine with spending +£500 on a new graphics card, :rollingeyes::eyebrow:.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No. If you bought some kind of GOTY edition which included a redeemable code for DLC, then that code will no longer be redeemable and he won't be able to download the DLC - but you'll keep it, and he's free to play the base game as much as he likes while he's got the disc.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I stopped lending people things like games and dvds etc a long time ago as you forget you leant or people claim they never borrowed them in the first place or even that they bought the item themselves (happened several times with my own family members.

Just don't lend.

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

No DLC or anything, it's just the base game. Thanks

I'm more worried about the disc getting scratched or something. Don't worry though, I'll get it back if I do lend it, I can gaurantee that, :D I'll just not fix their tractor or digger if I don't get it back, :D

Very slim chance of me playing it again anyway, just like to have the option.

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist