1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li PC-6077 Case at OCIA

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 15 Sep 2003.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Well - the last Lian case featured in the news Got a bit of a beating from you ;)

However, OCIA checks out a Lian Li that may restore your faith in the brand:

[​IMG]
    You can move that button panel up and down - nice!

"I decided to do this review with no major changes to the case. Mods could change the results, which could skew the results on the case in either a positive or negative direction. I added no fans, and went with the stock fans. I'll give you a little taste of the results. The temps in the Lian Li with no mods are as follows: 1. CPU 38C and Chassis 32C. This was after folding at home had been running at 100% CPU for over an hour. I think I'll add another exhaust fan and not open any more openings. Those filtered intakes will help keep the dust down."

More here.

2. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

Well it's better.

I like the fact the hdd rack and blue glowy thing can move up and down, though it looks like it uses ordinary screws rather than a thumbscrew option like the PC60 fdd caddy uses.
    The original PC60 seems to hold 5 hdds vertically, not 6 as the reviewer states.
    I suspect that the hdd caddy isn't quite as easily removable on the 6077 as the 60 but that probably isn't much of a aproblem for most.

I'm rather confused by the passive air intake on the floor of the case. I really don't actually see the point, and don't understand the reviewer's excitement at this. Surely if it enough exhaust fans to draw air through there'd be more coming through the holes next to the pci slots or anywhere else without a filter :eyebrow:
    The addition of a second 80 blowhole is nice, but the taking away of one at the front is a dissappointment.

Another case of form over function?
    *shrug* but it is better...

Alaric.

Tags: Add Tags