1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC-8FIR Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 31 Aug 2010.

1. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

It's a trade off between thickness and weight. Look at the NZXT Adamas - 3mm of aluminium made it a ****ing brick, in both strength and weight.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2010
  2. 51lver

51lver Forever Hungry

I wonder would temps would be different if the 140mm fan was install?
    Inside looks like Fractal R2. I would just assume the temp would be slimilar to the R2?

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Is this the original spider case thats been around for a few years or a tart up and called a slightly different name? The pinks not to bad in the flesh, but it's an awful lot of money for a case no matter how you look at it.
    One thing though, if you suffer from arachnophobia it's not going to be top of the shopping list.

4. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

this is utterly horrible to look at the color is awful and that spidershaped window looks like a 2 year old designed it. HUGE fail from lian li. What ever happened to the cool sleek designs of Lian lis past. My PC-201 is still an absolutely awesome case in every detail and thats what we should expect from Lian li not this new crap.

5. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

Dislike the spider window but think people are being a little to harsh on the colour myself.

6. koola

koola Minimodder

That price is shocking! If only they would let Lancool make some, would be much cheaper with the price of Alu being at an all time high.

7. Atomik76

Atomik76 What's a Dremel?

Love the red case, but don't care for the spider window. Does Lian-Li make a side panel window that will fit this case? Don't care if it's black, just need another plain window. Anyone know the part # ?

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I believe the W-LM2AB-2 should do the trick. It's their new "standard" left-side side panel.

9. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

At the start of the review you said: " Priced at £250, the PC-8FIR is the most expensive cases we've ever reviewed,..."
    Now I assume you mean "one of the most expensive cases", since you reviewed this one a few years ago. Which came at a price of £259 (and still hasn't come down that much)
    :p

If only this case had a black exterior and just a red interior like some of the cases from Windy, it would be a lot less gaudy. Even tastefully cool maybe.

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Good spot and yes we did mean 'one of the most expensive'.

11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Circa £145 (inc 19% VAT & UK delivery) if you buy from caseking.de, makes it a slightly better deal...:D

12. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

£250? FOR A CASE????

Move along, nothing to see here.

13. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

£150! For a cpu/gpu/psu???
    Maybe you are not willing to spend that kind of money on a case but some are.

I bought a £200 case and it's probably the only original part except for (part of) the hdd's.
    Everything else has been replaced or upgraded at least once.
    So was it a lot of money? Maybe.
    Was it expensive? Not much more than some people pay for cases in the same period.

14. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Last edited: 10 Sep 2010
  15. ooey

ooey What's a Dremel?

Just picked the black version of this up from aria for £88 (brand new on their super special web deals). An absolute bargain! Normally they sell them for about £115. No one except an idiot would have paid over £200 for it i'm sure...

So how would you rate it at under £100 then?
    I'd say value 8/10
    and overall 9/10.

Features only 6/10 (are you kidding? - its one of the few to have 2 top-accessible usb3 ports)?
    At least features 7/10.

Also, the psu can suck in air from the bottom of the case, as there are slits in it and it sits on legs.

Tags: Add Tags