1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Lian Li PC-Q10 mITX case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bawjaws, 5 Mar 2016.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Hey guys,

I'm a big fan of small form factor systems, and have been lusting after an NCase M1 for some time. Problem is, it would cost the thick end of £200 to import one from the States once shipping and potential customs fees are factored in, and the next production run isn't expected to ship until May. With that in mind I've been keeping an eye out for alternatives, and came across this effort from Lian Li the other day - the PC-Q10.

It looks like it shares quite a lot of its DNA with the NCase - perhaps unsurprisingly given that the NCase is manufactured by Lian Li :) It's a big bulkier (19l v 12l) but supports an ATX PSU. It's also windowed, which I personally don't like at all, buy hey ho :D Finally, it's significantly cheaper than the NCase, at about £105 vs $225 plus import fees.

Anyone built using one of these cases, or thinking of doing so? I've read a couple of reviews which seem to be fairly positive, but I'd be keen to hear from anyone with hands-on experience :D

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Jonsbo do some lovely small cases.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I'm asking about the Lian Li Q10 specifically :)

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Note on tempered glass side panels in general - you have to be VERY VERY careful how you put them down and affix them - don't slip and let the edge touch the ground. I speak from experience :waah: However they do look the beans when affixed :thumb:

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Hmm, I'll be honest and admit that I'd actually much rather have a metal side panel without a window for this type of case. Cable tidying is a nightmare at the best of times in mITX builds, so who wants to see a massive rat's nest of wiring on display? As it's a full side window rather than a cut-out, there's nowhere out of sight to tuck the wiring. Also, one of the reasons, for me at least, to go for a teeny wee mITX build is to keep things nice and discreet - the last thing I want is to have some blingy window :D

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

CM110/130 or similar Shuttle XPC-style cases?

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Too boxy and squat for my liking :D Plus, I've no need for 5.25" drive bays. A large part of the appeal of the Q10 (window aside) is that it's not too boxy and it's nice and sleek (plus, dat aluminium). If I'm going to have a case sitting on a desk then I want it to be small and I really don't want it to be ugly - I'd love something with a finish like the Raijintek Metis/Styx with their hair-silk brushed alu, especially the blue colour.

I know, I know, I'm a fussy bugger!

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Fair enough. It's a necessary fussy! Buying a case is like buying a car you have to look at it everyday and it has to meet your needs. It's why I bought the In Win 805 - no 5.25"

Maybe Fractal mini ITX - no window.

9. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

You looked at the Q13? I know the ROG stuff isnt to everones taste.

I do like the Q10, but I wouldnt be able to fit my RM650 or 980 GTX so its out for me.