1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Lian Li PC2 modz

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dremel_Freak, 19 Jul 2001.

1. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

I sure do...I have two in my case :)

Where do you get 12V stuff from ? From a car shop...I got mine from Halford - about £2 each.

One switches my delta from 12V to 7V and one switches the louder case fans on/off

Only problem with them is they don't fit entirely flush and with two off them in my b0rg it makes it hard to close the door. But Halfords do a wide range of switches, and I know they did have some flush fitting ones, but I chose the ones I have because they only require you to drill a 10mm hole as opposed to cutting out a larger rectangular plastic hole.

2. Dremel_Freak

Dremel_Freak What's a Dremel?

Cool - thanks for that, I'll check out my local Halfords then.

3. Dremel_Freak

OK, Halfords sux! They had nothing. Does anyone know of any online auto store that has 12v illuminated rocker switches from? I only neeeeed one, maybe 2 so I can have a spare.

Must be able to get em from somewhere!

4. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

Sorry to hear that :(

My Halfords does stock some stuff, if you like I'll post em to you ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I used phono plugs for my rheobus too but at both ends i like the din plug bit whoever thought of the idea (sits on fence :D)

6. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Anyone know if I could use those fat 6.35mm stereo jacks to carry a 12v line to external stuff - tis for an LCD enclosure and I dont much like the thought of using molexes outside the case plus I dont like the other type (like you get on the transformers you plug into the mains) so was wondering...........:)

All being well most of the work should be done on the box by monday and I'll just need to paint it and sort the power out.................should be sweet (fingers crossed!!). Then I can start really playing with this funky LCD instead of just resting it on stuff, he he :D:D

7. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

You can use pretty much any connector for anything.. if you think outside the boundaries of being 'right' all the time. (Ie, at the end of the day most connectors are just metal.. it's only wire which gets pissed off by trying to carry too much current).

I know the die hards out there will hate me for that :)

I was thinking of using RJ11s to carry 12/5v :D

8. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

great way of taking power outside is the power supply I reviewed a while back...course it does a bit more than just feeding some wires ou the back somewhere...but it looks much better...

hey, here's an idea if current doesn't bother you....make use of all those D-sub knockouts on your case and power things thru old serial plugs :D

9. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Cheers for the reassurance - never seen them used before so thought there might be something wrong with using em thats all.......;)

OK next schoolboy rookie question - found these at Maploids;

[​IMG]

.......very nice but what the heck is the third contact for in normal use? - not that it should be much of a problem just wondering - also anyone know how easy the plugs are to wire up or would it just be easier to buy some leads?

Did think of using telephone leads (I was in B&Q at the time and was walking down the electric avenue :D) but heck I'm a sucker for those chunky bad boys!!!!!

[​IMG]

10. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

Tiss a stereo jack socket, hence, left audio chan, right audio chan, and ground.

11. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

Illuminated Switches

Just looking around maplin again and they do switches just like the ones I have, codes are GU49 through to GU56

[​IMG]
    GU51F SPST 16A Red Rocker In Stock £0.99
    GU52G SPST 16A Grn Rocker In Stock £0.99

[​IMG]
    GU55K DPST 16A Red Rocker £1.29
    GU56L DPST 16A Grn Rocker £1.49

12. Dremel_Freak

But they're not 12v so they won't illuminate.

13. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

sorry about that, I didn't notice - they look identical to the ones I have which are 12V