1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li PC6010 Case & Aquarium Kit at GruntvillE.com

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 18 Jun 2003.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

GruntvillE takes a look at the PC6010 (which is based on the beloved PC60) that comes as standard with the Lian aquarium kit:

"First things first, the wonderful slide-out mb tray. These certainly come in handy and are greatly appreciated when doing an install. The motherboard can be the easiest or most difficult part to install depending on what you have to work with. In the Lian Li it was a cake walk. The mb tray was very easy to use and it's mounts felt very stable and smooth. After I installed the motherboard, processor and HSF I mounted the PSU. What a breeze. They've included a mount which can be flipped over to allow for better placement of your PSU. The drive bays were standard fare although I don't like the fact that the bay covers aren't screwed down. They have a small notch on the mounts and use pressure to stay in place. This might make it tough for some front panel mods that need support from the drive bays. I removed the bottom 3.5" bay as I have no use for it, and found mounting the hdd and floppy drive standard fare. The way the case is designed also makes for easy cable management; it offers lots of places to tuck wires away. All said, it's one of the easiest mid-towers to work with. My only complaints are the bay covers and the fact that the top support of the frame is quite large and hangs down below the PSU; it extends across the span of the case and becomes part of the 5.25" drive bay. If I could offer a recommendation on the next version; I'd recommend that they trim this large support down and let some of this space that's hidden be more visible and usable."

Full review here

Tags: Add Tags