1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lian Li V1000 Owners

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Immy, 21 Jun 2007.

1. Immy

Immy What's a Dremel?

Hey guys im looking at purchasing the V1000 case, i just have a question about the dimensions of the power supply area down the bottom.

I have read if you want a bigger power supply you have to take out one of the hard drives cages but i couldn't find exact dimensions anywhere.

I currently have the Thermaltake 1000W Dimensions are 200mm(L)x160mm(W)x86mm(H) just wanted to know if it will fit before i buy the case.

Thanks for your help :)

2. pumpman

pumpman Minimodder

you have about 160mm from the back of the case to the hard drive cage,so it looks like you will need to remove the hd cage, there is another hd cage next to it so you should be fine

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Unless you really, really actually need 1000W, then just buy a decent, normal-sized, sensibly powered PSU.

4. Immy

Immy What's a Dremel?

I already own the power supply and yes i do need it :)

Pumpman: What about Width and Height will it be able to fit? Taking out one of the hard drive cages is no problem.

5. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Width and height should be standardized. As long as it will fit the regular ATX backplate, it'll be fine in those dimensions in a V-1000.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I haven't done it yet, but I will be removing that back plate. It causes problems when you have a modular PSU as well where the cables don't all exit the PSU at the same spot. If you've got one with a big 120mm fan on it, its not going to get much breathing room.

7. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

The 120mm fan on mine faces down, there is a small gap then there is the mesh bottom so it does get enough air flow.
    The back plate wouldn't affect a modular PSU i wouldn't have thought, the only thing is you might need to remove the 1st partition and possibly HDD cage to get the wires/PSU in there.

8. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

I don't know about the rest of you guys with the V1000, but I have this horrible vibration problem with the case. The SPCR guys removed one set of drive bays and used some kind of rubber band system to suspend the drives, which got rid of this problem apparently. Personally, I might try that sometime. So to the OP, you might as well remove the drive bays while you are at it.

9. M1CUZ

M1CUZ What's a Dremel?

Sorry to resurect a thread thats a few days old, however im looking at getting a Lian Li 1000B soon and was wondering if anyone has tried fitting a Corsair HX620W in it. I know from the specs that the PSU is physically small enough to fit, but is there enough space for the modular connectors and cables to be routed?

Anyone tried or seen this configuration, thanks for any info.