1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Lian Li V2110B Parts scratch build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by IonKnight, 24 Sep 2013.

1. IonKnight

IonKnight What's a Dremel?

Well thought I would post this just encase anyone has any suggestions as I go through.
    After being so busy with life for years I have finally had a chance to get back to some case modding.

So what did I decide to do ?
    Well I decided I was going to give some major TLC to a Lian Li case that has been sitting there not reaching it's full potential mainly down to small flaws in the case design.

Firstly we have some aims:

1. Move the internal motherboard tray further into the case to provide a realistic amount of space for cable routing.
    2. Increase the thickness of some parts to reduce vibrations.
    3. Cut parts in the case to fit a 40x4 Character LCD connected to custom fan controller (AVR chip).
    4. Cut side panel design

So to give you an idea the case looks like this at new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So as you might see this isn't a quick case mod but thought you guys might be interested as this project progresses.

Currently refining the holes for the motherboard tray so they can be sent to the laser cutters.
    Along with this hoping the company I have chosen can pull of this bend as it's 3 mm thick so won't be easy.

Last edited: 24 Sep 2013
  2. IonKnight

IonKnight What's a Dremel?

Update

So quick update been a while, but as I want to get this right I'm not in a rush at the moment. So what have I been doing well I've delayed the drawings as currently deciding of final end designs (for example do i want to make it possible to remove the motherboard tray from the back of the case).

So while I've been doing while that is rolling around in my head is doing the more technical side of the project.

[​IMG]

Sorry about the picture guys not exactly great but hey I'll give you some better pictures when there is actually something to see. Finally got the LCD working, which is going to be housed either on the front, or the top of the pc case, haven't decided currently. Now just deciding on the temperature sensor to use etc.

Now that the LCD is complete though I can move a bit further with this, so now on the hunt for spacers so that this can be easily mounted to the case.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2013