1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liberty City Stories

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Icecoldbagey, 6 Nov 2005.

1. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

As you all probably know by now after some of my posts i am a huge grand theft auto fan and have followed the game from the start being a member for over 2 years of the biggest and most successful grand theft auto website. I bought the game at 12 midnight on thursday/friday mornign which ever way you want to look at it. From the start the game takes on the true grand theft auto feel and doesnt feel like a cut down gta game on a portable but a whole new grand theft auto as it is. The missions are varied and exciting and quite challenging at times. The character dialogue like past Grand Theft Auto's is excellent and really adds to the effect. The vehicles are great and while the look of them may not be up to the level of the Playstation 2 titles its still excellent and there are new vehicles rather than just a straight cut and copy from the previous grand theft auto set in Liberty City Grand Theft Auto 3 on the playstation 2. Its a nice thing to drive around and see the things you remember from Grand Theft Auto 3 and see things that are there in this game but are not in Grand Theft Auto 3.

The radio stations are satisfying as ever and keep the humour from the past games that anyone who has played grand theft auto will remember. We see station comebacks such as Lips FM and Flashback FM to name 2 that we all remember, i mean whats better than running over a few triads with Double Clef FM on full volume? Flying over a unique stunt and landing on their heads while listening to it..thats what!! Thats right..they werent seen in Grand Theft Auto 3 but they are available here, motorbikes make an appearance in the game adding a very cool mode of transport to the game. They dont make an appearance in Grand Theft Auto 3 for the Playstation 2 as they are banned..obviously in the future. The game is still packed with the humour only grand theft auto can give us such as the anti-technology group Citizens United Negating Technology with an interesting acronym :hehe: you can ironically find their website which uses the eveil technology Here Those of you that were dissapointed with the news that there would be no return of any flying vehicle will be happy at the news that Rocstar has sneakd a flyable helicopter in there which can only be used in a certain mission, but ill let you find that one yourself ;) Snow will also make a debut..but not as we expected, snow will be unlocked after you complete the 8th car salesman mission and will only be seen while you are actually doing the car salesman missions on level 9, i found this to be quite annoying but at least it's in there. The vehicle collision effects are also IMO better than the console physics and add more realism to the game.

The weapons you will encounter are as powerful and unexpected as they have always been with the debut of things like the hockey stick. Weapons such as the shotgun, molotov cocktails, AK-47, pistol and the sniper rifle all make comebacks to the game. So to cap this little report off the game is everythign i expected and more and if you are a fan of the series you will loves this game, if you are a newcomer...youll love it to as it appeals to everyone. Well except people who dislike bloody and unneccesary violence and pushing vehicles to their limits...but where do those kind of people exist...right? :D

Ice

2. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Ok i got snow, its pretty good and would have been great as a randon weather effect.

Ice

Tags: