1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Lightsabers, lightpainting etc..

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Fladlish, 8 Sep 2008.

1. Fladlish

Fladlish What's a Dremel?

Well at the Uni, University of Lund, all the new Engineering students arrived two weeks ago. Anyhow all the freshmen are divided into 13 diffrent groups depending on what program they enrolled into. Each group then has about 4-6 people responsible for the initiation rites, they last for about 6 weeks, with diffrent activities. Each group also have a theme. One of the groups have the theme "Star-Wars". So they are dressed as jedi's and got them self some lightsabers. The lightsabers are made from RGB LED and they are then able to change color.

I know that some of the crops are a bit weird as well the focus sometimes.. And i think that one or two of the photos I kind of messed upp the PS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

Cool idea.

Love the drunk look sitting on the ground . . . between fights!

Would like to see a shorter light sabre trail, such as while striking down with one, so a little trail is seen behind to give impression of movement, but not for the light trail to become the main focus.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Very cool concept, with mixed execution. I'm not too big on the black and white ones, as you completely lose that whole sense of good and evil that's implied by different saber colors. I also think that one where they're on the ground drinking is a great idea... the framing isn't doing much for me, but I'm not that bothered as the subject is so interesting. I love the guy on the right that appears to be trying to open his drink with the lightsaber :)

4. akpoly

akpoly What's a Dremel?

the beer drinking set is the best IMO.

The framing works for me. My eye reads the image nicely from left to right but doesn't settle due to the lines and angles created by the sabers that juxtapose to the horizontal line the wall creates. The colors and the textures (from the wall) make it an interesting read

5. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I see you celebrated with the best Carlsberg. Was it bought on spritbåden? ;)
    I agree with akpoly on the beer drinking one. I think it is both beautiful, interesting, funny and very much reminds me of a classic renaissance composition.

I think the B&W ones of each person are really funny. They look sooo ABBA'ish. :lol: And these are perhaps one of those single occasions where I think selective coloring might work very well.

Tags: