1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Little late to the party... Howdy!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DigitalDarkside, 22 Feb 2011.

1. DigitalDarkside

DigitalDarkside What's a Dremel?

Just got myself a PS3, have to say I'm LOVING IT.

Can't believe I didn't get one sooner (5 years of being bored out of my skull on the 360 and having 4 die on me lol), anyway I'm new to this forum thought I'd say hello. If this isn't the right place for it sorry!

Feel free to send me a friend request my psn is DigitalDarkside, don't have many games or any buddies yet, no headset also lol.

I do have Uncharted 1, 2 MGS4 and God of War 3.

Saving up for Killzone 2 and 3 for some on-line shootery :D

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums :)

I'll just point you in the direction of these two threads:

Gaming Nicks
    PSN Names

3. c4doyle

c4doyle What's a Dremel?

Does MGS4 not have the best sound you've heard? I was blown away by the quality of the surround sound. The first level with the helicopters flying around and everything--pretty intense.

How do you like Uncharted?

I highly recommend Little Big Planet, if you can get into that sort of game.

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Just got a PS3 myself a month or so ago to alleviate my crave for games that wasn't being satisfied by my PC anymore.

I thought MGS4 was disappointing. The MGS franchise is one of my favorites and the 3rd installment was incredible, but I don't where they went wrong with the 4th game. I have yet to finish it and probably never will.

I would buy Killzone 3. I have killzone 2 and I think it sucks.

A lot of good purchases available on PSN as well, though I refuse to take my PS3 online and agree to the new ToS.

Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim Vs the World are both awesome games.

5. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

PS3 MUST-HAVES (IMO):

-Uncharted 2 (Amazing, blows the first out of the water)

-Heavy Rain (Interactive Drama...dunno if it's your forte but this game has a great story)

-Demon's Souls (Hardcore and brutally challenging RPG...best RPG combat system I've ever seen)

-Little Bigplanet 1&2 (A little on the silly side, but both a lots of fun)

-Mass Effect 2 (I know it's multiplatform but the PS3 version has all the DLC packages and it's just a great storyline/mix between RPG and shooter)

Enjoy your PS3!! My tag is B HURB if you want to add me. I'm mostly online in Demon's Souls or AC: Brotherhood

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I borrowed that and couldn't play more than 5 minutes before feeling motion sick. didn't like it at all.

Vanquish is pretty good,

Bayonnetta is great but the PS3 version does have some slightly annoying issues (like every time you pick up an item for the first time there's a pause as it loads the information to display in the info window, this doesn't happen in the 360 version).

Uncharted 1 & 2 fantastic games.

Mod Nation Racers, good mario kart type game with fantastic customisation options on everything from your racer to your kart and even a track builder. It's only slightly let down by long load times on tracks (even in single player).

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Demons Souls - If you like a challenge!
    Mod Nation Racers - really good fun silly racer.
    GT5 - If you like real racing and you have a steering wheel.
    Lara Croft and the guardian of thingamies is worth a download too!

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

My favorite PS3 game so far is God of War III. It's just a pure masterpiece

You should rent it. It's quite short and you could finish it in a week end

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Just a quick question! I hated Castlevania Lord of Shadows (button mashing and sequenced Boss fights) - are Vanquish and Bayonetta similar to this? I can't work out if I would like them or not!

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

That reminds me, I really must get another PS3 at some point.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Bayonetta is like Devil May Cry, there are 1 or 2 QTE throughout the game (and button mashing for the end of certain fights to get extra halos (currency). Ignore the demo, I nearly didn't buy the game after playing it. In fact I only bought it because it was £15 in Asda (360, the PS3 version I got came free with Vanquish) and I'm glad I did.

Vanquish is more like Gears of war (3rd person shooter, cover system, powered suit, etc...). Again there are one or two QTE on the bosses I've come accross so far (haven't completed this one yet so don't know how many) but it's not neccesary to complete them to kill the boss, just to do more damage (rotate stick when indicated to send missile back to the cannon that fired it). The demo of this is a pretty good indication of whether you'd like the full game or not.

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Great thanks - Bayonetta is a tenner on Amazon so I got that. Will play the demo of Vanquish to see if I like it!

Tags: