1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics LK202-25 help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jack, 3 Mar 2004.

1. Jack

Jack Minimodder

Hi guys

Im having a few problems with the following MO VFD

Basicly ive set the VFD up connected to power and serial cable installed, once i turn on the computer the bars on the display slightly appear (Im guessing indication of power to the unit)! Windows fires up and i start LCDC auto detect the VFD and..... Cant find display?? try'd other software and no joy

Im not to sure on COM ports so i havent really messed with them..Help
    whats my problem:(

My rig is a SN41G

2. kt3946

kt3946 What's a Dremel?

Hmmm... sounds like it might be a power problem. Verify that the power you have going to the unit is within spec. Check it with a multimeter, just to be sure. It is possible that after the system is operating (HD, fan, processor, etc.) the power supply dips the power too much so the VFD won't fully function.

You may also want to try powering it seperately from the PC as a test.

3. Jack

Jack Minimodder

Right havent try'd the multimeter as i havent got 1 so what i did do is, disconnect the DVDRW and Graphics card from my system and power with just the Mobo,Fan,HDD pluggin in and still the same screen up (Slightly filled bars)

If someone can tell me which pins to connect on a PSU so i dont have to plug it into a motherboard i can test the unit on a 450w Enermax PSU

cheers Jack

4. coorz

coorz Miffed

5. Jack

Jack Minimodder

Right sorted guys seems the cable was set to 5v not 12v that was needed

cheers guys

6. coorz

coorz Miffed

Strange, your title says LK202-25, that's a LCD. But you say it's a VFD?
    Anyway both models have a Supply Voltage of +4.75 to +5.25Vdc. So i think you HAD it connected at 12v, and now at 5v it works.