1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Llamma's Modded 360 for sale on eBay!

Discussion in 'General' started by KelticFox, 10 Dec 2005.

1. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

2. s29feb

s29feb What's a Dremel?

Ridiculous money!

3. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Just me or does the paint job look dodgy? And what idiot would spend $10k on a 360!

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Hmm, perhaps I have a plan up my sleeve for the PS3...

5. KelticFox

Obs someone with WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much money! And yes paint does look a wee bit dodgy.

You and everyone else on BT now lol

6. furqan

furqan What's a Dremel?

tbh looks crap and all hes done is paint it and add a window

waste of money

7. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I have a quesiton. How come certain bidders bid adjancely? I mean, why would one bidder bid 8,800 and then 10,000 with no bids in between?

Also, I looked at the pics on their website and the paintjob looks so-so but I think that that photos are doing some injustice.

8. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

im not normally one to pick faults with someone elses mod...... but considering someone is going to pay more than ten thousand dollars for this.....

the paintwork does look a little dodgy, and whats the deal with the window, on some of the piccies the internals look blurred, on some piccies they dont?

i noticed something too.....

performance enhancements? he upgraded the processor? put in faster ram? what, exactly, can someone do to improve the performance of an xbox?

and as for the 'storage capacity upgrade'..... might i draw your attention to something i noticed...

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

these are cropped and marked sections of the images on ebay (cause i dont know how much i can store on uploadit).

now, correct me if im wrong, but that looks awfully like he hot-glued a lappy hdd to the top of the dvd-rom, plugged in a usb adapter, then drilled a hole in the back to pass the plug through to the external sockets....

now, if someone can just point me in the direction of the person who is willing to pay more than ten thousand dollars for this, i know this nigerian guy who's got a real good deal going on getting some money out of the country.........

<disclaimer>
    yes, this is a jealous nit-picking rant, i wish i'd thought of this, i'd be laughing all the way to the bank.
    </disclaimer>

9. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I might just mod an xbox 360 and sell it.

10. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

It's what happens when you set a maximum price. If you say you'll pay up to £20 for something, and it's currently @ £4, it'll add your bid as £4.20 or something, and then if someone tried to outbid you by submitting £5, it would automatically bid for you at £5.50 until it reachers £20. Sorry if that doesn't make sense!

I don't think this xbox looks particularily nice. It's better off standard than blue! He should have gone with a really nice gloss black with green accents.

<A88>

11. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

I'd imagine it has to do with the maximum bid feature, if some has alrady put in 12k as their max bid, and its currently at 8.8k,if someelse then comes and puts a max bid of 10k, rather than have loads of automatic bids in increments of $10 or so, it probably just jumps right up to 10k as thats where it is going to wind up anyway!

I quite like the window and paint job - it's not perfect but it def makes it look better to me. I wouldn't pay a premium for it though. Especially not a 10k premium!

12. Stuey

But some of the bids are from the same person MANY times in a row. The same person would bid several times without anyone else bidding in between. That still confuses me.

13. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

It's probally just someone taking the wee, i cant see how anyone would pay that much for that modded xbox 360. The whole bidding thing is either someone trying to push the price up for the seller, or just 'joke bidding' to see how high it will get.

14. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

In all honesty is probably is a joke bidder, but if not just imagine the scenario i had before, first guy bids and sets max bid to 12k, 2nd guy comes in sets max bid to 10k... the bidding then jumps from 8.8k to 10k with the first guy still with the latest bid, so it shows him twice in a row - once with his original bid, then again with the 10k bid

15. Stuey

Ah, it makes more sense now, thank you. I just thought that the bidding record looked awfully suspicious.

16. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I assumed it was that when someone else tried to outbid someone and the autobid kicked it, it doesn't actually submit the 'competing' bid but only the one of the person using the maximum bid function.

<A88>

17. KelticFox

Well it ended on $10,300, so it will be interesting to see if the buyer pays.

18. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

$10,300 says they dont ;)

19. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

I swear what are people coming to these days. I mean this could be recreated for a small little price for heaven's sake.

20. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

WTF, thats just wrong, I emailed the seller to ask wether they have the money yet... No reply yet... I doubt the buyer will pay...