1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Looking for a mouse

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bHawk, 1 Dec 2003.

1. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

Im looking for a type of mouse i guess. I really like the look of the Logitech Optical Mouse (seen here) specially after its been modded with a blue LED :rock: but i also love the side buttons of my microsoft optical mouse. Anyone have any suggestions? the cheaper the better of course :D

I would change the LED of my MS mouse to blue, but unlike the logitech mouse, the clear part at the bottom is red, not smokey like the logitech.

2. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I did this mod, I ended up using green instead of blue, as the blue appeares purple thru the red plastic, my only other suggestion is to cut, some part of the bottom out, and make it out of clear plexi or what not

3. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

some of the logitech mousemen opticals have a single side button.... works as the back button

4. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

i know the logitech mx500 and mx700 have 2 side buttons, and look better than the microsoft ones

5. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

I love my Logitech MX 700. Every Logitech mouse I buy is so much better than the last one.

6. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

Logitech mx500 if you add anything to it other than changing the LED its still draws power from the computer so you wont need new batteries every week
    Plus, 2 side buttons, cruise scrolling, and a little button thats very much like hitting Atl+tab.

7. buzzby

buzzby What's a Dremel?

logitech MX 700 <-- best all round mouse you can get.

Its wirless and has a docking recharge station so you don't need to change the batteries just put it on the dock each night and your set to go (thats a lie i recharge mine twice a week) its the same as the MX700 but its wireless. its has a nice feel in your hand and has loads of buttons. Don't know if they do a left handed one.

If they dont get the boomslanger mouse. Its not optial but its the best gaming mouse you can get. and it can be used left or right handed. In fact by both if you play games if not just get the MX700

Buzz

8. Bossman

Bossman What's a Dremel?

I only used a couple of wireless mice and found them all to be rubish, i dont see the need really especially if the computer is where you are, at the desk.

I've got a microsoft Intellimouse explorer 3 its not too big its not too small and wasnt over priced.

9. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

The MX 700 is the first wireless mouse that's actually worth using for games.

10. diskreet

Still, whats the point? Wireless Mice mean one more blob of plastic that clutters your desk. Have you ever NEEDED it to be wireless? I had, and tried, a ton of wireless mice, and found them all to be a whaste of money. Unless you are going to be more than 3 feet from your monitor :confused: then save the money.

11. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

lol i'd sit on my sofa if i could aford a wireless mouse, also it's good for ur eyes to sit away from the monitor :p the logitech mx700 is the best but i don't think ur looking to spend that much like me (cause i can't aford it lol :miffed: ) so the optical m£ blue mouse it's too bad........but it has the red bottom if u can put up with that

12. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

Agreed. Itd be nice for maybe a media pc, where you sit on a couch and do everything via remote, but if i were to sit more than a 3 ft away from the monitor id go blind trying to read the font at 1280x1024.

I like the simple logitech mouse because the sides are transparent, allowing the blue glow to come from underneath. The other logitech mice, specially the ones with more buttons, dont seem to have the transparent sides. I guess if i cant find what im looking for ill get a IBM navigator, since it has a blue scroll wheel :rock: but i dont remember if its a 4 or 5 buttom mouse.

13. diskreet

/me feels better about his side of the issue