1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Looking for a wiring schematic/diagram for a Compaq Presario C700 LCD Monitor Ribbo

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by NocturnalLunacy, 21 Aug 2011.

1. NocturnalLunacy

NocturnalLunacy What's a Dremel?

I have a Compaq Presario C700 and the LCD Monitor Ribbon/Flex Cable has some shredded wires from the opening and closing of the lid. I am looking for a wiring diagram for the cable so I can fix it. It wouldn't be so hard except that the cable has multiple repeats of the same color but leading and heading to different pin assignments yet are not used for the same I/O paths.

I'm not worried about warranty, this laptop is passed warranty. I just want the diagram/schematic to make sure I have the wires heading to the correct pins. I have plenty of experience when it comes to computer repair, electronic repair, etc. So no problem using technical speak.

I have done internet checks for possible diagrams but have not yet yielded any progress in approx. 3 hours.

I have the Maintenance/Repair Manual so please do not send me the link for it.
    If you need the link to get the manual let me know. It is in PDF format. But does not list the PIN assignments and color codes for the LCD Cable.

Here is the information on the specific cable:​

• HARDWARE P/N: IBL80_LCD Cable
    • HP P/N: #454919-001
    • HARDWARE S/N: DC02000FM00 Rev: 1.0 HTKK 0A 077U
    • MFR (I Think): High-Tek
    • LENGTH: 26"
    • MFG DATE: 07/30/2007
    • PIN DESC.: 40 PIN at Motherboard | 30 PIN at Monitor Connector | 7 PIN at Backlight Inverter/Adapter

Thank You :dremel: :wallbash: :sigh: :yawn: