1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Looking for Mini ITX board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fuganater, 7 Dec 2011.

1. Fuganater

Fuganater What's a Dremel?

Title says it all. I'm looking for suggestions on a Mini ITX board for an HTPC build with either:

1. AMD on board
    2. Intel on board
    3. AM3+ socket (I have a chip sitting around)

I would like it to support 8GB Memory, have a decent on board GPU and maybe wireless.

Suggest away!

Thanks,
    Fuga

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Budget? What am3+ cpu is it? Anything over 95w tdp is not feasible on mitx. If you have a support cpu this Asus board be a good choice.
    I wouldn't even bother with Atom or Zacate. For only slightly more you get a lot more flexibility in performance and upgrade options.

3. Fuganater

Fuganater What's a Dremel?

I don't really have a budget because it will probably be a sponsored board. I've never used a MITX board before so I'm just trying to see what is a good one.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Much more so than an atx board it really depends on what you need on it. You have to make the best compromise in all cases pretty much. It's better to get feature that you might use and have them, than get a cheap board and not be able to do anything since any add on is very limited by 1 expansion slot.
    My most recent mitx was a Zotac H67. It has a pretty good feature set, a decentish board layout. I didn't especially want to get a Zotac again since their support is kind of poor, but it was one of the only mitx that has 6 sata ports which was something I really wanted.
    I looked at most of the h67/z68/fm1 boards that were available and it was the least of compromise for my use as combined htpc and fileserver.