Electronics looking for some strange DB9 connectors...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nleahcim, 6 Mar 2005.

1. nleahcim

nleahcim What's a Dremel?

Hi - I need to find 2 rather non standard DB9 connectors. First of all - I need to find some right angle board mount connectors that can fit in a standard .1" pitch board. All the board mount connectors I've ever seen have one set of pins offset from the other. Secondly - I need to find a right angle wire-mount connector. (I'm betting that's the wrong term - I just mean a connector that has either crimpable pins or solder buckets, as opposed to being board mount)

Anybody seen anything like these? Thanks!

2. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

What might be easier is using IDC cables instead. They are the flat cables used to connect you FDD and HDD. You can get IDB DB9 connectors and also the standard flat cable connector to fit a standard 0.1" header (thats mountable in single0hole 0.1" perf-board since Im assuming thats what you intend to do).

Otherwise, Ive never heard of a DB connector that fits 0.1" spacing.

3. One~Zero

One~Zero What's a Dremel?

Probably why this guy sell these:
    http://www.winfordeng.com/products/pbc9.php
    I bought a set of them off of ebay from him, and they are great quality. Of course, you'll pay more for this adapter than a standard DB9 connector. I just wanted the DB25's that came in the set I ordered (1 each of M/F DB25 and 1 each of M/F DB9). If you want the DB9's, I'll send them over to you if you want to pay for shipping.