1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Lord of the Rings Online

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 May 2007.

1. Bladestorm

Bladestorm New Member

Dunno. The arguments put forth by people like tycho over at PA, that blizzards publishers/blizard can't afford to not make an MMO are fairly convincing.

Basically the idea is that a strategy game will make them $50 + $30 and just maybe another $30 but an MMO makes them $50 + $180/year + $30 and so on and businesses that have discovered the kind of increase in revenue+profits that such a thing brings wont turn there backs on it.

So while they might anounce starcraft 2 to bump up interest in that franchise, Starcraft Online coming along sooner rather than later is probably almost as inevitable as death and taxes.

I think I'd prefer Starcraft 2 over Starcraft online myself, but my opinion has little to do with it :)

2. Toka

Toka Member

Im playing eq2 right now (/camp quest mob.... /yawn) and Im wishing that I was seeing those fps numbers. Obviously a more reasonable graphics engine there.

3. mjred88

mjred88 New Member

I don't think this game is really going to steal the crown from WoW as it seems to be made of the same elements as WoW. And WoW got boring very fast in my opinion. It might be because I didn't had the time to play it that often :rolleyes:

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

im getting this game coz i missed the bandwagon on WoW and i dont wanna play where more than half the players already maxed out their levels..... :(

i just wanna play some kind of MMORPG since StarWars Galaxies (stop laughing! jedi is cool!), and im a fan of the LOTR franchise.

toppling WoW? ah come on... in my point of view, its apple and orange... some people like apples, some like oranges.... some like both.... some like neither.... no need to argue apple is the better fruit.......

Tags: Add Tags