Storage Lost Files - any tips to recover

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by SteevO_Tabasco, 11 May 2011.

1. SteevO_Tabasco

SteevO_Tabasco What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

PC crashed, when I re-booted I have lost all my videos stored on a secondary internal H.D.
    O.S. on Primary H.D. (approx. 150-200GB of DVD movies & family movies)

Now the hardrive hasn’t died as I have access to other files on the same drive – just everything in the my Videos folder on that Hard drive

Its not deleted either as it showing 40GB free of 250GB or sumthing – so I don’t think the films etc. have been erased just library structure for that folder or something corrupted

Tried the scan disk in windows checking for bad sectors /indexes etc. it found some but came back that it couldn’t fix others …

Tried Recuva program but it hasn't managed to recover much at all - most data unrecovarble ...

Data has been moved a 'recycler' folder on this H.D.

any tips on how to recover files

Thanks,
    SteevO

2. Deders

Deders Modder

Try not to use the disk at all, if you're not already aware, I've had some success with get back data in the past, will let you search through several generations of data but nothing is guaranteed.

3. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

I bet you accidentally moved them. Use WinDirStat to find where they are (it graphically shows where the most space is been used).

4. SteevO_Tabasco

SteevO_Tabasco What's a Dremel?

Solved - Lost Files - any tips to recover

Hi There

Problem solved using WINDIRSTAT - thanks (Nice Tool)
    Files & fodlers had been moved to a System Folder called Found / Dir **** (not created by me)
    funny that Recuva and another couple couldn't find & repair/restore these files (from what ive checked files appear to be complete i.e not corrupted)

thanks again
    SteevO

:clap: