1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low 3.3V+ Line

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Confusitron, 8 Jun 2004.

1. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

I just recently purchased several new things for my computer, which I assembled last year. One of the new items I bought was a new power supply. The power supply is an Allied 500W, which is actually generic, but has received high ratings and good reviews. According to Motherboard Monitor 5, my 3.3V+ line is quite low. Today's average for that line is 2.62V+. These same numbers are also displayed in the PC Health Status portion of the BIOS, but there is no 3.3V+ in PC Health Status. The line which has 2.62V+ is the "Dim Voltage", which is the memory, correct?

My motherboard is an Epox EP-8RDA. I am unsure if the motherboard is reading this incorrectly. If I had a multimeter to check the voltage, I would, however, I do not own a multimeter.

Could this low voltage be an error with the sensors? Any other possibilites? My system is running fine currently.

2. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

If the system is running fine then I wouldn't worry about it and the readings are obviously duff. You'd know about it if your 3.3V line was that low.

3. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

Time to get one then. You could get a LED with a 3v rating, if it is at 2.62v, it may not light, at 3.3v it should get hot and burn out.

Though a multimeter would be the best route.

But it is probably fine, 2.6v is really too low for a 3.3v componet to work correctly.

4. Endre

Endre What's a Dremel?

That's not your +3,3v line, it's the memory voltage, vdimm. Look for I/O or Vio.

5. TMM

TMM Modder

don't even trust what your mobo says. my old mobo reported all the voltages low (3.3=3.2 5=4.9 12=11.8) and now on my abit, all the voltages are spot on.

my old mobo even reported the 3.3v dropping to about 2.9v, it beeped and beeped, but the system didn't become the slightest bit unstable.

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

LEDs aren't that intolerant.

7. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Yes, on my 8RDA+ MBM reads my vDIMM as the 3.3v line, and won't tell me what my 3.3v rail runs at, quite annoying really. You'll also find that it reads vDD as Core 0 (usually vCore) and vCore as Core 1 (usually vDD) so things like CPU-Z will read your core voltage incorrectly.

8. Chrizzle

Chrizzle What's a Dremel?

Get a multimeter. It'll probably end up being fine. I don't know if the LED test would work, but try it. At most, it migh glow a little more dimmer, so compare it to a computer that has a good 3.3v line.

My 2 cents.

~Chrizzle

9. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

Ah. I figured maybe it was mixing up numbers.